Hi everyone!

I installed Garuda on my desktop PC about two months ago.
I always have been a Slackware user meanwhile, by the time, I tried lot of different distros (Arch and Manjaro as well) because I'm a curious nerd and I love the Linux world.

Finally I gave to Garuda linux (KDE gaming edition) a chance and I finally found the perfect distro that fits all my needs. I agree with every single choice you've taken on the development of Garuda, it's just perfect for me. I really love Garuda and I hope you'll carry on your fantastic job on this distro.

Against the most common thoughts about Garuda, I wouldn't recommend it to Linux newcomers and I think it's a very advanced distro that requires a bit of general Linux knowledge to handle it properly, although it works out of the box.

I would like to say thanks to all of you, developers and community contributors, once again, I really appreciate your effort on everything you did! And, I have to admit that, I completely fell in love with SGS's artworks :love_letter: :smiley:

See you on the forum!

10 Likes

Hello and

WELCOME TO THE GARUDA LINUX FORUM!!!

:grinning:

5 Likes

IMO, it best suits self-starters. It is a beast. :wink:

Welcome to the Garuda Forums.

9 Likes

Hey that’s my line
And it’s *The Garuda Linux Forum*

6 Likes

Well, that’s true as well :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Garuda Linux Forums!

4 Likes

I now want a picture of a half eagle half beast. That will be interesting to look at.

Again it is The garuda linux Forums
How often do I have to remind you guys.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Welcome! Enjoy your time here!

4 Likes

Yes!! Thank you for this awesome distro based on ARCH! Finally something worth using.

I have to say I enjoyed the installer and the customization of this distro it has really raised the bar as far as customization is concerned.

Been using linux since 2001 and thank you for this ultimate package :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi there!

6 Likes

Well, well, a slack user lovin Garuda.

Now I know we’ve done something right.

Welcome to Garuda, and I’m glad to see someone who I won’t have to tell not to post pics and vids on technical help requests has joined the forum. :wink:

I’m thinking we may never even hear from you again, as I’m sure you can probably figure things out pretty well on your own.

Please feel free to join in helping out other users on the forum if you have the time and feel so inclined.

Nice to see you here. :+1:

5 Likes

Definitely! And after years of Slackware daily use I’m not looking back :slight_smile:

Well I think Slackware is a distro that has forced me to learn many things but I’m not that good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I’m here to stay and I’m sure I’m going to learn many things from this community and from this fantastic distro.

Of course! I prefer to help other users than ask for help for issues I can figure out on my own. Not because I’m so smart, but because it’s how my sick mind works :smiley:
I hope I’ll be able to give some help, tho :slight_smile:

I can understand you pain :crazy_face:

It’s a pleasure to be part of this community :slight_smile:

6 Likes