Hey guys just figured out how to install qwikaccess

Hey guys, I'm new here, please don't hold this against me, I've been a Linux user for about 10-15 years and I've regularly tried Garuda Linux.

I've just discovered how to install qwikaccess which i thought i would post here for those who were confused and especially for other new folks out there. and it works!

git clone https://github.com/bollustrado/qwikaccess.git
cd qwikaccess/
qmake && make
sudo make install

easy aint it. Please notice the change on url of the qwikaccess to bollustrado from librewish. this is very important as librewish is no longer there. this worked as of March 26th 2023

any questions please feel free to message me.

1 Like

Thanks, while this does work, the upstream is no longer maintained since librewish made it a private project. The fork you're building from will not see updates, and I'm not sure if it was even with the changes from librewish at the point it was forked in the first place—or if it was changed at all. I'm glad it works for you, but it is still pending imminent removal from Garuda Welcome.

You could also copy this PKGBUILD and edit the URL to point to that fork: PKGBUILD - aur.git - AUR Package Repositories

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.