Help with Octopi and AUR

Hi guys

I am quite new to the Arch linux userspace. I love using the AUR and use it regularly with the PAMAC installer.

The default installer for Garuda is Octopi and I like it and love the layout of it but I don't know how to use it to install programs from the AUR. I click the Alien head and search for the program, I them click install.

This then opens up the mini terminal at the bottom of the screen.

I then press enter to proceed to the review and it downloads the PKGBUILDs but I don't know what to do from there?

I'm sure there is a step I am missing and I'm just being a fool.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Josh

From Octopi's settings you need to enable AUR, then you can install/update AUR packages.

1 Like

Hi Sammiev

Here is what my settings look like in Octopi:
Alacritty encountered an unrecoverable error:

Kind regards

Josh

If you are using paru, you may have to press q when the PKGBUILD shows up.

If it is something else, you need to show us what you are actually seeing.

1 Like

I would install yay then enable the AUR in Octopi's settings

2 Likes

Dalto!

You legend!

That is exactly it. All fixed.

Is that a feature exclusive to Paru?

I wasn't sure whether it was an Octopi thing or the AUR helper which was stopping me.

@Bro I will consider installing yay if I have anymore issues.

Thank you everybody fro your help.

Kind regards

Josh

2 Likes

It isn’t exclusive to paru but it is the default in paru.

If you switch to yay, I don’t think that will happen but I haven’t used octopi in years so I can’t say for sure.

Thanks Dalto.

I will continue to use Paru. I have found it’s documentation on the GitHub page and will have a read.

1 Like

Which octopi version are you using? Recently a new update which also featured fixes for paru got released :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.