Hello from the land of cheese and dragons

Hi there new friends, greetings from :wales:

Just switched from the 'doze to Garuda after hoping around a few other distros, have some CentOS experience so hopefully I can figure some things out!

Loving the feel of Garuda!

Hwyl am nawr,
Casu :wales:

6 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

My eyes are not the best and I know, unfortunately, not all the flags of the world. Maybe you could, for once, give the name, and not the icon? :slight_smile:

The Netherlands (cheese) and India (Bharat) are not, I think.

Probably @dr460nf1r3 knows where the one with the dragons comes from.

:slight_smile:

?

3 Likes

Of course, the only nation with a Dragon on its flag, Wales (or Cymru in the native tongue), famous for lots of things, but my favourite, Y'Fenni - cheese made with beer and mustard seeds.

Enjoy

5 Likes

Every European should know the Welsh flag lol. Gotta admit as a Brit they have the coolest flag

4 Likes

I have to admit it's a pretty cool flag :smile_cat: don't the Welsh also have the world's longest and most crazy city name?

5 Likes

Woah someone from the land of the dragon flag :OOO welcome!!
Welsh is definitely one of the languages of all time. Didn’t that city appear on the news and get shared as a meme because of how a reporter pronounced the city name perfectly? :smiley:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch

As someone with lactose intolerance, that cheese sounds absolutely delectable and I would gladly feel all the pain in the world to try that cheese :rofl:

6 Likes

I don’t have much idea about cheese but, Woah!!! Is that the city name ??!! :exploding_head:
I am not even able to read it without moving my eye balls :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks you all for the warm welcome!

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch isn't actually a city, it's a train station in North Wales, near Anglesey.

The town is actually just called Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (pronounced Lan Vire Push Gwyn Geth) and the train station literally translates to The Church of St Mary in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio near a red cave (it was a publicity stunt in the 1800's)

8 Likes

Cymru is not Wisconsin (land o’ cheese). However, their native tongue is just as hard to understand.

Anyway, welcome to Garuda Linux, where dragons (and cheese) have everyone’s respect. :smiley:
:dragon: :cheese:

6 Likes

In Denmark we have three regional flags in addition to the official ones Danish flags

2 Likes