Hello from Down Under

Hi from Australia, everyone, and thanks to the devs for creating and maintaining this distro. :pray:

What do I say about myself? I may have long blonde hair and look damn fine in a bikini, but boys, you'll never know for certain. :kiss:

I've been using GNU/Linux for about 8 years - I started with Ubuntu 12.04 and have hopped my way across various distros over the years. I don't think of myself an advanced user but I do like to play in the terminal and copy and paste (perhaps ill-advisedly, LOL) things to tune performance and privacy. That said, I'm too lazy to do things the pure Arch way.

I have a multi-boot setup - I keep Windows for legacy programs and a bit of single-player gaming, and use Linux Mint for work, but I like a pretty, feature-rich distro that I can play with and feel like I'm making full use of the hardware I have. I'm not one of these people who buys 32GB of RAM and then bitches 'cos my DE uses more than 500MB on login. :wink:

Garuda seems by default to ship with many of the tweaks I apply manually anyway, and the theming of Dr46onized is gorgeous, so I've decided to give this distro a red hot go. BTRFS is a bit of a conceptual adjustment for me as I have tended to go for F2FS to get that balls-to-the-wall responsiveness, but so far I've been surprised and pleased by it. :slight_smile:

I'm looking forward to learning and growing my knowledge of GNU/Linux on this forum!

9 Likes

4 Likes

Ditto. I've spent several early morning hours in reading on BTRFS, plus experimentation, and still can't fully grok the damn file system. I think it is one of those, "oh yeah, and it does this too" kinda FS'.

OK, you're already one up on most Linux users--like me--who stick with EXT unless compelled in a different direction--like now.

LOL! It's one way or the other! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to the Garuda Forums. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, hello down there!!!

^^^ and here I was just starting to like you and then you had to go and ruin it.

:wink:

Welcome to Garuda.

3 Likes

Welcome and check out the Garuda Dragonized Forum theme,it looks good!

1 Like

I know, I know.

But I'd rather keep Zoom and the other spyware shit I'm required to have for work on a whole other OS.

If it makes you feel any better, the other OSs are squeezed onto an old drive, while Garuda gets the PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe all to itself. :grin:

4 Likes

This is how I read this:

It was like a story of everything that's never happened to me before.

Anyway, welcome.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha. You funny. :grin:

1 Like

I'll be here all night, don't forget to tip the waitress.

3 Likes