Hello again...!

First of all welcome :wink:
A lot of things we added such as systemd-swap or gamemode have a hard-dependency on systemd so I dont really see this working, kinda defeats the purpose of this distro (was trying to run these on Gentoo once, even with overlays it wasnt possible to get rid of systemd because of the dependencies) :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. All clear! Perhaps I will go back to systemd then

1 Like

Hi, Jon! Dunno if you recall me but I remember you from Manjaro! Welcome :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello zeno. Thanks for welcoming me. But I'm not "Jon" :blush:

2 Likes

He mean the opener from this post @jonathon :slight_smile:

This is what happens when you hijack a thread :wink:

7 Likes

Hi there, @cOOter. I hope you and yours are all safe, I am doing fine. I could not take it any more on M

gary

2 Likes

Heya, @zoner! I have always thought that M was the bee's knees in it's early days, when 'simplicty' really meant something. I have never, ever agreed with their batch updating, though, which I view as it's main problem and a real deterrent.

Anyway, good to 'see' you, Gary! :smiley:

4 Likes

I agree. I really like to know the whole story. My opinion is that it was not an accident but planned. And I got so fed up with that 'hospital green'.

1 Like

Hey guys, I'm not trying to be critical or quash open discussion, but please don't let this devolve into a big M bashing session.

Let's not flog a dead horse, on the open forum and keep any critical comments about the Ex into private message channels. We all know what went down there, but let's not get involved in distro bashing. Nothing productive comes from this kind of discussion on the open forum.

10 Likes

check out Garuda Suckless