Gray bar that sends me to home screen on hover

I'm on Garuda Linux Dr460nized, and to the absolute left of my screen is this bar that shows up on hover.

Triggering it is similar to triggering the top-left corner, which shows open windows; You have to move your cursor in that direction while on the corner.

On trigger, it sends me to the home screen with my wallpaper.

I usually have my favorites panel on the left, so often times I trigger it when I intend to open an application, and I don't know how to remove it (I tried right-clicking it)

I would love it if someone could identify this translucent gray bar and tell me how to remove it!

Thanks,
Kudos

That thing is called screen edges, iirc.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That definitely seems correct, thanks so much!

Now the problem is I don't know how to disable it, Google nor the screen edges settings give me an option to disable it.

Uhm, just click the location and set "no action" maybe? :smiley: Dont be afraid of clicking stuff to find out what it does, especially not when using KDE :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hm, I just randomly check/unchecked boxes, changed delays, and it vanished.

Even weirder, I restored the screen edge settings to default, trying to figure out what I did that fixed the problem, and the screen edge didn't show up again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You have to click on that grey box on pc screen, that on left side of monitor's diagram.

And select no action.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.