GNS3 from Chaotic no longer working

Is this...

Failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupt database) - #10 3

possibly why GNS3 and Dynamips are preventing installation of other programs and failing to update, giving me following messages: "failed to prepare transaction", "target not found"?

I had to uninstall these apps using Stacer as Chaotic would not remove them, and would trigger the same message. They wouldn't reinstall, also throwing the same message.

I restored an older disc image of Garuda, reverting everything back to a month old image. Now everything uninstalls/reinstalls from chaotic no prob. But GNS3 still doesn't work.

Thanks.

According to the comments on AUR for gns3 -gui (I don't know if this is valid also for the -server) it seems that the package has to be adjusted due to a dependency.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gns3-gui

4 Likes

Very likely the answer I'm looking for. Looks like a bit of a troubleshooting task. Will get back to you on this one. Might take a day or so, due to my schedule. Thanks again Filo!

1 Like

No problem.
Please consider that downgrading that problematic dependency, as suggested there, poses a risk of breaking things, that you have to weigh vs the importance of that package for you.

2 Likes

Duly noted. Looks like this process is going to make good use of snapshots. :woozy_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problems with sound on garuda

Should I quit JamesDSP when the problem occurs in order to isolate, given it's intermittency? Or, just remove JamesDSP and report back in a couple of weeks as to whether the problem has not come back?

Thanks for the tip!

You post to @firephynix in the thread from BloodyNoah, so I moved it to his own thread, no flag needed, I think.

Got it. Still have a lot to learn about forum etiquette. Thanks.

if it's an AUR package issue, you can leave a comment on the AUR package

2 Likes

Primary solution didn't work for me. Don't want to try the sketchy pip solution. Uninstalled it for now. Going to try standard cli install method for Arch. Think I will have the same problem?

Yes, I think you'll have a problem building the package.
Reading the comments there seem to be other suggestions, like changing the PKGBUILD before building in order to specify the python-jsonschema version, so you might try that as well.
There are also other comments mentioning other dependencies (e.g. python-sentry_sdk, python-urllib3), not clear to me (I have only quickly read the comments in the 1st page...) although they seem slightly newer in the last update than the comments. Just try...

1 Like

I tinkered a tiny a bit with no real solution. Unfortunately I just started a python project that is going to take a month or two, so not only do I not have the time to deep dive right now, but I can't risk messing up my python packages. For now I will just have to run GNS3 on my Pop OS install. I will circle back around to the issue asap, because this is the only program I can't get to work on Garuda. If/when I figure it out, I will post the solution. I really appreciate the advice. I'm sure it's the path to my solution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.