GNOME's terminal manual page colors

Hello,

This issue might be trivial but I just can't seem to figure it out.

When using GNOME's terminal (fish shell) everything looks great. I use sweet theme at day and sweet-dark at night. Sweet-dark colors work perfectly fine but when using sweet (not the dark version) the manual page isn't visible (white on an almost white background).

This could be resolved by changing the color of the background of the terminal to any other color, but I like the way that 'use colors from system theme' fits into my desktop. Is there a way to change the font color of the manual?

I've tried to use fish_config's web-based configuration to edit the colors but had no luck.

This is how my terminal looks normally (I guess that's the default look that came with garuda gnome)

Here's what the man page looks like.

Thank you.

Welcome :slight_smile:
Let me whoogle that for you.

4 Likes

Yessir, I could change the color scheme but as I mentioned in the post that I would like to change the font color for the manual page only because outside the manual page the font is black and looks works well on the whitish background.

Dude, my eyes :laughing:

4 Likes

I think I figured it out. Garuda (or at least in my case) uses "sh -c 'col -bx | bat -l man -p'" instead of "less" as the default manpager.

$ echo $MANPAGER
sh -c 'col -bx | bat -l man -p'

I guess editing that should do the trick.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.