Gnome update to 46.0 breaks all

unfortunately it did not solved the problem, in pre-upgrade to gnome and all stuff the sound was working properly now seems broken and crackling everywhere.

1 Like

Okay. Weird.

I’d install the plasma-meta package (because you can just delete it all afterwards with pacman -R plasma-meta), take Plasma in GDM and see if the sound is broken there too.

That way we can narrow down the problen: Is it just a Gnome problem or systemwide?

Well its not a Gnome problem thats for sure its a pipewire or something else not configured sound works perfect after the upgrade to 46 from 45 have you tried problem solving or did you change anything like any system or sound with aur in the past

yeah maybe it is not a problem, not able to understand how to solve it, is there any procedure or way to “reset” pipewire or wireplump and make it work?

i tried a new installation (brand new) of endeavour os with gnome and got the same result same audio problem.

well then you have a system fault of some sort i used the unstable version for one month before installing Garuda Gnome I also have Arch Gnome neither has given any problems what so ever

1 Like

If i roll back to a previous point before upgrade sound works fine.

Maybe try to play with the sound settings in the Garuda Assistant:

Screenshot_20240329_224852

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.