GNOME | lite | utimate | 200605

Hey guys, its time for the first release of Garuda Gnome! Im pretty happy with how it turned out :blush:
Thanks for the suggestions. They made this release even better! Now on to the feature list :smiley:

• The latest and greatest of Garuda Linux features (eg. Garuda Settings manager while running pure Arch, btrfs rollback.. more here)
  • Cockpit for easy administration of updates/vm/etc via browser
  • Ubuntus Yaru theme, fitting Qt theme and tray icons making this DE a comfy home :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Themed command line :crazy_face:
  • Extensions enabled by default: Animation tweaks, Arc menu, Blyr, Dash to dock, Gamemode, Kstatusnotifier/appindicator support, Launch new instance, Noannoyance v2, Pamac update indicator, Remove alt+tab delay v2, Tweaks in system menu, Tray icons reloaded, Sound input/output chooser, User themes, Unite
  • Firefox with privacy-respecting default settings and some useful addons that can be installed optionally, fitting theme - ready to go
  • Xorg as default session to avoid wayland issues reported

Changes from prerelease & notes:

• Theming polished, settings apply now correctly when logging in for the first time
  • On first login, Firefox is launched to install its extensions. Press yes for each tab opened and close Firefox afterwards. When the setup is done the script will notify you and delete itself afterwards.
  • Appindicator/Tray icons are loaded correctly after the first logout, this is due to the extensions being activated at the first login
  • Kept included applications at a minimum in lite (telegram-desktop, libreoffice and a few more moved to ultimate)
  • Pkglist now found in the corresponding download folder
  • Cockpit got an icon now in the appdrawer, if you want to use it you have to enable it's service, I left it unactivated by default (sudo systemctl enable --now cockpit.socket)

If there are any questions or suggestions just let me know :blush:

Download garuda linux

5 Likes

Very, very nice :slight_smile: , thank you @dr460nf1r3

I will try to bring the Garuda logo in this neofetch/screenfetch format this weekend.

Summary

3 Likes

Thanks! :blush:
Bringing the garuda logo to neofetch etc. would be a great idea. As you might have noticed the Arch one is used in this context as it would be the standart, boring tux picture otherwise :smiley:

What are you trying to tell us with the firefox screenshot? Edit: nvm, found the description. its the little things :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: ASCII logo for neofetch

Possible personal additions in .zshrc ???

if [ -d "$HOME/.local/bin" ]; then
    export PATH=$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH
fi
alias path='echo -e ${PATH//:/\\n}'

Change alias name/country to your liking.

alias upd='sudo reflector --country Germany --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && cat /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && sudo pacman -Syu'
1 Like

@sgs
you can make the changes

in here

2 Likes

Looks great! A few additional system packages, that I think should be included on both the lite and ultimate ISOs from the start:

For XORG server users:
xf86-video-vesa
imake
libxp
libxres

Intel GPU/CPU users:

intel-compute-runtime

Audio codecs:

celt
pulseaudio-bluetooth

Networking:
broadcom-wl-dkms

2 Likes

both are handled by mhwd so they do not need to be on in packages-root or packages-desktop

garuda-bluetooth metapackage has this

i will add it to video-linux
in mhwd config

as well as
beignet
also

6 Likes

done

and

i also improved the nvidia

someone on manjaro forum requested to load nvidia-uvm at boot

3 Likes

Minor detail: the Files app is named in German (Dateien), even though I installed in English.

I guess that's a feature too, today I learned how to say "files" in German :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Garuda Welcome, the Night Mode button doesn't work:

I click it and nothing happens.

install
redshift

so it will work.

sudo pacman -S redshift
1 Like

Hehe, lets call it a "hidden features"
Jokes aside, this might be because i included some .desktop files in ~/.gnome or /etc/skel/.gnome, if you delete them it should be fixed.
Im still searching for a way to preset icons/description for installed apps correctly since some of them arent themed or just look very ugly, some of them i even hide. :slight_smile: :grin:

2 Likes