Getting bad PGP signature when running update - package fprintd-libfprint2

Hate to post and ask but I've been struggling with this one for a week and haven't been able to resolve it. Whenever I run a "garuda-update" or try to update via pacman, I get errors with the package fprintd-libfprint2. I can only update if I tell it to ignore the package. I've also updated all they chaotic and archlinux keys (pacman-key --populate archlinux for example) but it doesn't help.

Output is:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
:: Retrieving packages...
fprintd-libfprint2-1:1.94.2+9+gca00118-1-x86_64    182.3 KiB   447 KiB/s 00:00 [#############################################] 100%
(20/20) checking keys in keyring                                                [#############################################] 100%
(20/20) checking package integrity                                              [#############################################] 100%
error: fprintd-libfprint2: signature from "Pedro Henrique Lara Campos <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/fprintd-libfprint2-1:1.94.2+9+gca00118-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package(PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Your post has been edited to add code formatting to your terminal output by adding three tildes (~) before and after,

~~~
like this.
~~~

As for your error message, this post is a helpful resource for resolving this issue: Issues with “signature is marginal trust”, "signature is unknown trust", or “invalid or corrupted package”

3 Likes

Thanks for the response and the "re-format" hint. I was out of town for a couple days so I got back to it today and It is resolved. I did several steps (some which I had done before) and I believe what ultimately fixed it was the "refresh keys".

Thanks again!

I mark-it-solved !

for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.