╰─λ nslookup time.google.com

Server: 192.168.100.1
Address: 192.168.100.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: time.google.com
Address: 216.239.35.12

using:
sudo ntpdate 216.239.35.4

I cannot set time so. please help the time in another networks always update WELL BUT I WANNA KNOW IF IS SOMETHING RELATED OR HOW TO FORCE THE SYSTEM TO TAKE THE INTERNET TIME, AN ALSO I CHEKED THE ROUTER AND IT GOT THE RIGHT TIME, Even so only in my network i cannot update the time.

Please post the output of garuda-inxi for all Issues & Assistance topics as requested in the template.

Try using timedatectl, such as is described here:

System time - ArchWiki

System clock

The system clock (a.k.a. the software clock) keeps track of: time, time zone, and DST if applicable. It is calculated by the Linux kernel as the number of seconds since midnight January 1st 1970, UTC. The initial value of the system clock is calculated from the hardware clock, dependent on the contents of /etc/adjtime. After boot-up has completed, the system clock runs independently of the hardware clock. The Linux kernel keeps track of the system clock by counting timer interrupts.

Read clock

To check the current system clock time (presented both in local time and UTC) as well as the RTC (hardware clock):

$ timedatectl

Set system clock

To set the local time of the system clock directly:

# timedatectl set-time "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss"

For example:

# timedatectl set-time "2014-05-26 11:13:54"

sets the time to May 26th, year 2014, 11:13 and 54 seconds.

5 Likes

Did you update and reboot your system?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I cannot update my time
sudo systemctl enable ntpd.service
sudo systemctl start ntpd.service

neither with these services

Even I can’t get ping to :

╰─λ nslookup time.google.com

Server: 192.168.100.1
Address: 192.168.100.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: time.google.com
Address: 216.239.35.12

using:
sudo ntpdate 216.239.35.4

I cannot set time so. please help the time in another networks always update WELL BUT I WANNA KNOW IF IS SOMETHING RELATED OR HOW TO FORCE THE SYSTEM TO TAKE THE INTERNET TIME, AN ALSO I CHEKED THE ROUTER AND IT GOT THE RIGHT TIME, Even so only in my network i cannot update the time.

Hello Garuda users.

Please read the following template before requesting assistance:

Please post the terminal/konsole input and output as text (no pictures) from the following command:

garuda-inxi

Refusing to post the output of the required “garuda-inxi” on a help request will likely result in you not receiving any help from the Garuda team. A failure to provide your system specs may also result in your thread being closed without notice, (as without this information providing assistance is often next to impossible).

Before opening a new help request, please search the Arch and Garuda Wiki’s, and read any relevant sections related to your issue. Also, thoroughly search any error messages in the forum’s search engine and on the web. For in depth information on how to search for answers to Linux issues effectively read the tips on the Garuda Wiki:

Please report in detail everything you have already attempted to solve your problem

3 Likes

I don’t know if these articles would be useful to you (I don’t know much about this subject), but you could read:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System_time
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Network_Time_Protocol_daemon
(if you really need to use ntpd)
And some forum search. Just for example, a quick search found:

and

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.