Garuda Sway!

Hello Everyone! I have a yearning to make Sway Edition of Garuda and the Team has happily supported me!

But now I would love to ask you guys how I should go about it! Mainly about how I should theme the whole thing!

I know garuda Qtile follows a purpely-orange theme but I know the bspwm edition had WhiteSur as it's GTK3 theme. So I'm wondering what you'll guys would like! Consistent Theming is quite satisfying!

In term's of apps it'll mostly just the same thing wayfire uses: (of course ask you would like something different!)

• Bar : Waybar
  • Application Launcher : Wofi - NWG-Launchers
  • Terminal : Alacritty
  • Sound : Pipewire
  • Text Editor : Micro
  • Files : Thunar
  • Shell : ZSH?
  • Volume/Brightness Overlay - Wob!
  • Display Manger : Greetd

For the Bar : There's a wide varitation between all the different WM editions

Sorry I think I attacked you guys! It's just there is so much options with Garuda so I thought at all you guys should a say in it!! I

Thank you! And enjoy your weekends!

17 Likes

@nwg work is fantastic. Good choice.

6 Likes

Consistent theming is not required across all DEs and WMs. I too have moved qtile from purple-red to purple-red-pink.

If you need any assistance you can ask me, I will help you.

5 Likes

Personally, I'm over the purple and orange, do something different :slight_smile: Ideally set it up in such a way that it's easily changed (don't hardcode things you don't have to).
I have a thought that I've had before...the most important thing on the bar is the clock, make it stand out...so eyes are naturally drawn there instead of frantically scanning bar...where is my clock:?

3 Likes

@nwg it's very nice to see you here. :shushing_face:

6 Likes

Hi guys! @sammiev pointed me to this place, thanks!

@OdiousImp Thank you for using nwg-launchers. You could also take a look at nwg-panel - for those who like the GNOME look.

[edit] another picture

7 Likes

Welcome, @nwg :wave: nice to have you onboard!

5 Likes

Maybe then just a default theme? Something that looks nice out the box to everyone and can be changed to a specific theme and color if you want!

By that I mean a theme like orchis-theme-git (Orchis gtk theme - pling.com) and tela-icons? The same as Wayfire?

The second bar would match that quite well?

5 Likes

Why would I not they are amazing! nwg-panel isn’t exactly my style! But I love how you made a GUI for it for easy config, not many panels like that exist independatly for WM’s!

4 Likes

Your commitment is admirable and your knowledge of things, from my point of view, astonishing! Thanks for that.

As far as the naming is concerned, you should stick to the specification. Garuda is a being from Hindu mythology, but also the name for eagle. So you should continue with birds, such as bird of paradise (called Cendrawasih in my language) or continue with mythological beings, such as Ganesha, Hanuman, Barong, Rangda, Naga etc. But 'Dracula' in my opinion does not work at all.

4 Likes

No I didn't mean Dracula as the name! Dracula is a color scheme Contribute — The color palette of the Dracula theme. I thought about following but I changed my mind now!

2 Likes

you dont need to have the same theming

you can use whatever you like

5 Likes

Sorry, I was too hasty again :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

LOL, it was PITA! But my work is all about GUI, so telling users edit json wouldn’t look well.

7 Likes

When I do upload stuff I don't need to add zsh files? (eg:.zshrc) if I include garuda-zsh-settings. Will it automatically set-up zsh?

Also some ideas! Any thoughts? Suggestions? Everything is cuvry to match the Orchis GTK3 Theme but tell me if I overdid it please! Still working on colors!

EDIT : Ignore the EndeavourOS Things please!

6 Likes

Correct, this pulls zsh, the configs & packages needed.
This looks actually pretty nice for a wm :eyes:

7 Likes

Oh god, your fingers are gonna burst into flame with your blasphemy (teasing).

5 Likes

Basically, the developer/maintainer of a DE/WM does what suits or pleases him best. Basta (point).

If Nico had asked me what I thought of dr460nized I would have said: "It's too colourful for me" but the success proved him right. He has met the taste of many. Respect.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Afterwards, you can always respond to "customer wishes" :smiley: :wink:

6 Likes

And if you're customers are not happy they can always get their purchase price refunded.

:wink:

4 Likes

Does that include rent?

2 Likes