Garuda Sway Edition (in-process/working)

You know I'm not big on posting screenshots, but I'm pretty happy with the setup (note I have modified it slight...gotta make it my own, but no tools that weren't on the ISO here). Soon, a testing ISO will probably be available. I would encourage you to try it, I think it's the prettiest default SWAY I've ever tried.
It's also a well organized configuration and easy to find things and modify (tweak/rice).

5 Likes

Apparently I'm too old, I can hardly see anything.
When I work in the terminal or Blender, I want to watch a film at the same time. I find it impractical when everything else is half transparent or greyed out.
But hey, you have to like it not me :smiley:
Is that you at the bottom left?

BTW, who is the maintainer of Garuda Sway?
Am I getting confused or is this a community version?
Oops, Ok, I changed the titel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heck if I know...remember I asked who was driving yesterday :slight_smile:
Yes, I was watching Bear Grylls in the small window (that's Danica Patrick, the ex-race car driver). And yes, I'm unsure on the fader (lol)...but I wanted to 'display' it.
I will probably proceed to tweak it...but thought I'd better screenshot and post before it doesn't look at all like the current ISO.

2 Likes

I see nwgpanel there…not in the iso pretty sure :wink:

2 Likes

Garuda Sway Edition (in-process/working)

1 Like

Wait i’m confused too. Is this the sway edition I created or something else

EDIT : Are we having two sway editions? :face_with_monocle:

I think, only think, dbarron (want) make his own (community) version.

@OdiousImp Sway is under

https://builds.garudalinux.org/iso/garuda/sway/210412/

Community is empty, with sway
https://builds.garudalinux.org/iso/community/

3 Likes

No no...I will not be publishing an ISO (lol)...I am trying to publicize interest in the one OdiousImp is working with . So yes, this is yours OdiousImp, I think with just setting a background and nwg-panels vs waybar. However, before the idea of publicity, I had started to tweak it :frowning: It's just something that we do...desktops have to be personalized :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I don't believe other than vim, I've installed anything that wasn't on the last iso...but maybe I did? You must remember, I start for the kitchen, then when I arrive, wonder why I went to the kitchen :laughing:
Anyway, I hope everyone gets excited to give it a try, as even unmodified I find it to be a lovely SWAY setup.
Like most Garuda variants, memory usage is about 2GB, but cpu usage is pretty light (from the DE).

4 Likes

I reverted my changes and changed screenshot. It should be true to default configuration now.

3 Likes

Unlike @dbarron I like my screenshots so here a few for a first look.

Wallpaper by @SGS

4 Likes

I do like the background...please don't get a swelled head @SGS, but it does look nice :slight_smile:
@OdiousImp Well you pretty much covered it (lol). I'd call it 'sexy' for Sway.

5 Likes

I can not wait untill reelese :grin:

4 Likes