Garuda should have a new kde theme

Here's the deal-e-o, folks.

Garuda dr460nized isn't your desktop; it's @dr460nf1r3 's desktop. It's the way it is because that's the way Nico wants it. If you don't like running Nico's desktop then you are free to change it within the bounds of Nico's configs; you can run someone else's desktop (think: Garuda Cinnamon or Endeavour whatever), or run your own Linux desktop (think: Arch/archinstall).

Or very rapidly build your own desktop with a theme of your own choosing with Garuda KDE Barebones Lite. It's configs are far less restrictive. That way you can say you run your own Garuda KDE. It's still Garuda with most of the really handy stuff baked-in, and KDE and Arch, and whatever work you put into making it what you want it to be.

My in-fact practice is to do all of it. Some days I run dr460nf1r3's desktop; some days Barebones, today @Naman 's Garuda Cinnamon. Or I play around with Endeavour--and see quite a number of you folks there, too--or run the much-improved Archinstall straight from the ISO, or check-out Arcolinux, or whatever.

My point, if I have one, is that Linux, and especially Arch, is a vast playground none of us will finish exploring within our lifetimes.

Go play.

11 Likes

Very well said, @Bro :slight_smile: after all, we are all running Linux which enables us to change things as we want them to be!

I remember the meme posted lately, which said something along the lines of 50% hating it, 50% loving it.. I guess that's kinda true. Can't please everyone :wink:

8 Likes

Statistically speaking it shows you are…“average.”

But that sounds boring and Garuda is anything but. :smiley:

3 Likes

×××××

5 Likes

it is acceptable in current state but to make it minimal atleast 50
Therfore i use kde-lite and build up

Personally I just reset the theme to default KDE and then built the theme's from there. I am curious about KDE lite though but I have no clue how much work would be needed haha

1 Like

In all practicality, it’s the same except for latte-dock and kvantum theming. The post-install scripts are still there and active, so what you end up with is fairly-well stocked with applications, kernels, etc., except for those window-dressing items. What you get, in essence, is a bare-nekkid “plasma-meta” (or is it only “plasma”…I forget), plus all the nifty Garuda stuff.

It’s still BTRFS and all of the major things that distinguish Garuda from others, but a bit more “make it yours.”

So, I think it is very much worth exploring. ALL versions, makes and models of Garuda should be explored. Every desktop; every Window Manager, has unique features and much of it is still mix ‘n’ match. It’s only by exploring the length and breadth of Linux–if that’s possible–that a fuller grasp of what Linux potential can be for you.

4 Likes

I’m a bit newer to KDE, but I’ve looked around it. If you don’t like something, there are these nifty little Get More buttons in each of the Appearance sub-settIngs sections. And the Latte Panels are highly customizable. My only problem is deciding which I like best with so much to choose from. The Global Get More section must take 20 minutes to really see them all. No, once I saw the Kanada Global Theme, I was done deciding, I guess.

I would’ve had a little fun and said something like, " Well this is a little too much system for a Windows user to understand." You might have made a new Linux user or two.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.