Garuda no longer listed on Bing? (and DDG)

I just noticed today, can't look up Garuda on bing/ddg anymore... What could have happened?

LOL looks like they found information on Garuda JUST fine. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Can you describe the problem another way? Your screenshots seem to illustrate that you can look up Garuda on Bing or DDG.

4 Likes

They probably meant that www.garudalinux.org was not shown (possibly as first) in the results.
Well, that's true, only with Google it does :flushed:

3 Likes

Hmm, it looks like Bing stopped indexing the page for some reason. :thinking:

It appears this is somewhat common; check out this thread: Google will index us, but Bing won't. Why? | SEO Forum | Moz

According to one of the comments, any of these factors can cause Bing to not add or drop a site from the index:

Other more reasons:

• No links on your website.
  • Your website is new and not crawled it yet.
  • We are running into issues crawling the site.
  • Your robots.txt file is preventing us from crawling your site.
  • You have a on your pages.
  • You have blocked URLs inside your Bing Webmaster Tools.
  • Your site does not meet the quality.

I have always felt Bing produces crappy search results. It is the only reason I don’t really like using DDG–seems like a great company, if only they would stop piggy-backing off of Bing.

5 Likes

Yeah I was indeed referring to none of the garudalinux.org urls being indexed by bing (and thus DDG).

I admit that google sometimes often has better search results than DDG/Bing. But I like using DDG's "I'm feeling lucky" feature where you can just add an ! to your search and it will redirect you to the first result.
That's when i noticed when trying to search something about Garuda (don't remember what) that nothing shows up, ever.

Even if you search 'garudalinux.org', it never shows up. I correctly assumed that it wasn't being indexed anymore