Garuda Linux would ship Wayland alongside X11

Hey!
I hope everyone is doing well,
This is my 1st post/reply after joining the forum :smiley:
I’ve been using Garuda Linux for a couple of months on bare metal (my 1st distro on bare metal, tried vanilla Arch Linux dual booted with Windows 11 and I wanted more :3)
I was wondering if by default Garuda Linux would ship Wayland alongside X11 (maybe planned or it might never happen)

I love Garuda Linux, it makes life much easier than when dealing vanilla Arch Linux,
And I apologies if someone mentioned something related to my query and I didn’t notice it,

Not quite the place to ask about this (this thread is just about chaotic-AUR) . Would be better suited being posted in the Garuda Community or under the Request section.
EDIT: Thanks SGS!

Anyways, getting to your question… That Depends on the desktop environment when this will happen. (some already have it standard). KDE 6 will have Wayland by default next year, so I’m guessing Garuda will eventually with its KDE offering.

5 Likes

Acknowledged and thanks!!
Appreciate the quick response and apologies for posting the question in the wrong place

2 Likes

plasma-wayland-session is already included in KDE dr460nized. Not in KDE lite, of course.

6 Likes

Oh you are right… I guess I’m a bit out the loop with the new package lists…
Not like I’ve had to really re-install Garuda unless I’ve made major hardware changes, so these new changes sometime go unnoticed :laughing:

Anyways, at least with KDE 6, Wayland should be much more stable :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks guys!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.