Garuda Linux with Clear Linux enchantments?

Hi, my question is - does anybody smart believe that this can be a good idea to compile a kernel/packages/whatever that can be compiled, with the Clear Linux's compilation flags?

I saw a noticeable performance boost in benchmarks, but don't sure if this tinkering can help in real usage scenarios, like browsing the Internet, development, or gaming?

As far as I know, these aggressive compilation flags can cause instability or problems for old computers.

Anyway, can somebody comment on that post or share their own experiment results?

For me, in real world usage on my hardware, I have never noticed any difference across kernels.

That being said, if you want to try it for yourself:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-clear/

1 Like

Maybe then packages recompilation with flags can help? Or do you think for real-world cases this wouldn't help either?

The thing about optimization is that it really depends on the specific hardware and use case.

What might make no difference for me could be significant for you and vice-versa.

All you can do is try it for yourself.

7 Likes

Got your point. Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.