Garuda linux stuck in first boot (loading screen)

Regardless of when this change comes, I think you could and should try to move forward.
The reported errors

Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: error: /boot/efi doesn't look like an EFI partition.
/usr/bin/grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?).

look a bit strange to me at the initial chrooting step (I would have expected them maybe when install the grub later on (which is not needed here), but I'm not a developer...).
In the next outputs provided when you try to chroot, please copy the entire command + output from the system, to have a clearer picture of what was executed successfully and what went wrong.
And also that "/boot/efi doesn't look like an EFI partition" is a bit wierd.
I'm not really sure what else we could try. I think you should make a step back and provide:

• the disks set-up with the output of fdisk -l and lsblk -o name,type,fstype,size,uuid,mountpoint
  • your system specs, with inxi -Faz

Soon is an abbreviation for, it's ready when it's ready. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you. I was having the same problem ("mount: /new_root: can't find UUID...") and these steps worked for me.
The only issue I had was that the Windows entry was gone from the Grub menu but I had made a backup of the original grub.cfg and was able to correct the new grub.cfg manually.

1 Like

You're welcome! And welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pla
By-the-way, I see that soon is getting closer... :eyes:
This one below is a development daily build (or something like that, anyway nothing official), but I see for the first time mkinitcpio 31-1:
https://iso.builds.garudalinux.org/iso/garuda/dr460nized/211202/garuda-dr460nized-linux-zen-211202.iso
If you want to give it just a try reinstalling and see if it works...
But I strongly suggest that you reinstall whenever there will be a new official release (also here, Soon™ :slight_smile: )

1 Like

i tried the iso you mentioned and it works without any error :). Could you let us know when the official release announced

Soon

Soon is an abbreviation for, it’s ready when it’s ready :slight_smile:
2 Likes

where can i find the official versions ?

:bowl_with_spoon: :spoon: Off

:vampire:

Questions

3 Likes

That's a nifty Help Vampire avatar, SGS. I may need to 'borrow' it occasionally, if you don't mind.

Only for nefarious purposes, of course. :wink:

4 Likes

Here it is

I don’t think @SGS would mind.

2 Likes

I thought he copies the one above, :smiley: but your link is much better.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have the same issue and this solution solve the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.