Garuda Linux - rising in popularity

I have distro hopped entirely this year, prior to using ubuntu and then later Ubuntu budgie.
After trying quite a few distros both ubuntu, arch, and independent ones; finally settled on Manjaro KDE. I have been using other distros on the spare machines to see what it entails and see if I will like it for long term prospects. Finally, settled on Manjaro KDE for quite a while now as a daily distro.

The fact that I narrowed it down to 2 things
Arch Linux → for having rolling release feature
KDE plasma as DE → for having the best visual appeal in terms of GUI presentation and customization

I have been searching for other alternatives to provide additional X-factor on distros that are focussed on Arch and KDE.

I have been following a few YouTubers’ who provide their take on distro and reviews them thoroughly. One such video that I encountered was Tyler’s tech (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B80WPk2aUA&t=4s) and he did an honest review and that intrigued me to look into it.

I was amazed by Garuda Linux (KDE version; at this point haven’t tried other Des) offers. It is really bleeding edge in terms of what it has the offer. Granted, some of the themes I can install and customize on other distros too, but this is right out of the box. Latte-dock integration is great and well integrate it. The whole DE environment is a really pleasant experience and the installation was standard and went smooth and integrates well into day to day workflow. I have too much vested in Manjaro KDE, but surely I will be using this distro as my daily driver soon.

I wish you all good luck and keep up the great, amazing work.

9 Likes

Thank you for the very positive remarks. Many of us have used Manjaro for years. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and you will notice Garuda uses some of the excellent tools they developed.

Manjaro is an excellent distro, but you will likely find Garuda may run faster than Manjaro on older/limited hardware.

You can’t go wrong with most Arch based distro’s as Arch is the best of the breed IMO.

I look forward to seeing you happily using Garuda on all your machines in the near future.

9 Likes

Garuda also works very good in VirtualBox, I have tested it, enjoy it!

3 Likes