Garuda linux its great but

Garuda linux its really great,but im moving to arch.
Garuda community and garuda linux inspired me,to go little forward and learn more and im really grateful to join the forum and use it garuda for about 2 weeks.
i know its lots to learn,thats right i decided use now arch and learn more how everything works.
I know i can learn here on garuda,but i see arch its more difficult so now im going on deep water.
i would like to stay on the forum and helps others,while i will learn more .
Thank u so much for so much effort to create garuda and this forum.

7 Likes

After a week here, you've decided you've mastered Garuda and now moving upward/downward to Arch?

Congrats.

5 Likes

i never said i mastered garuda or anything,im moved to arch,because i want to learn how its work everything and build up system from zero.
If u feel offended im really sorry.

2 Likes

Love your confidence.

Good for you.

6 Likes

Did you see the question mark?

Nobody appreciates tongue-in-cheek humor anymore, nobody! :wink:

I said congrats. What, did you want my condolences? Thoughts and prayers? :wink:

EDIT: OP, you don't know my history, but I did the same thing, approximately, when I moved to Arch. I just didn't have the confidence to announce it prior to actually, successfully, doing so. Just after the fact. And that was after a substantial amount of time running Linux, in general. Good for you.

I also had some wonderful mentors, and I'd encourage you to pick up a six-pack of them today! :smiley:

3 Likes

will you mentor me or guide me ?.
im basically a noob.

2 Likes

Your best mentor/guide will be archwiki.

8 Likes

I would offer, but I'm just too damned old and there is too much I've forgotten. Look for someone closer to your own age--someone that's going to be around long enough to finish the job.

But thank you for asking. I am very flattered. In all sincerity.

The Arch Wiki is a fabulous guide--the best on the whole 'net. But it won't kick yer ass when it needs to be. :wink:

EDIT: My first Linux mentor was a geek friend in real life--someone who could look over my shoulder. I think that helped tremendously. We're still friends, though I have never quit calling that prick bastard names. :wink:

6 Likes

It's perfectly normal to stay active on the forum. We are plenty of Arch (and Arch based :wink: ) users here.

Using Arch is a mentality of being a control freak, doing all system administration in a DIY manner, so you learn and know how your system works.

Have fun with Arch and give back some knowledge here :wink:

8 Likes

LOLOLOLOL...I've never seen it expressed so, um, succinctly?

5 Likes

I like to speak the truth and from my own experience! :rofl:

5 Likes

Agree perfectly said.

2 Likes