Garuda Linux "Golden Eagle" (201007)

First of all Congratualtions to @librewish and team. Done Great Job, very exited to use UKUI interface. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :partying_face:

5 Likes

I'm not love the 15th version of deepin and stayed away until I got to the beta of deepin 20

I loved even having a hundred bugs
I'll have to see if the flatpak no longer crashes the system or if it doesn't

1 Like

I am using Garuda Fusion version.

How I can upgrade the distro to golden eagle without downloading and reinstalling the system. Is there a command to upgrade the distro just like in ubuntu

Nope, a rolling realease do not need it. Use

pacman -Syu

and you are fine.

If you need/want/like the new Btrfs feature

you must reinstall Garuda.

3 Likes

After installing the Nvidia drivers, the system does not boot to the desktop, how to fix it?

Restore from snapshot

3 Likes

I did, but I want to install them somehow to make them work.

Create a new topic for this issue
With

inxi -Fxxxza
3 Likes

I am not able to get the files systems volume as per announcement in Kde literature version, however mate lite version i can see other volumes created

To take advantage of BTRFS features installs using this filesystem now create @ @home @cache @log subvolumes by default.

I am using default options for erase disk with swap..so not not sure if I need to follow or add any step

Its done automatically no extra step

4 Likes

Thank you. I must say that Garuda Linux is awesome. It is very stable and I want to thank the team for their efforts.

Just one thing to care of. During fresh install all the update mirrors are commented. So running command Syu doesnt update and gives errors. Hope this is not an issue in golden Eagle.

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile:

If so, use Garuda Welcome, Maintenance, Refresh mirrors and you are fine.
Or use terminal

sudo reflector --country Germany --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && cat /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist && sudo pacman -Syu

for update.

3 Likes

There an option on the Golden Eagle edition to update the mirrors in the install script (with the reflector GUI) that runs on the desktop during the install.

4 Likes

HEre is what i am seeing in partition manager in respective areas

MATE DE (Seeing more subvolumes)

KDE DE (just / volume)

A quick internet search can usually provide the answer pretty easily.

Try:

findmnt -nt btrfs 

Terminal outputs are usually prefered over pics. :smile:

4 Likes