Garuda Linux "Black Eagle" (201119)

Are you on wayland session ?

considering that was surprisingly enough the default in this release yes (I left everything default during testing) @librewish

Is it gnome ?

from my first post.

On metal or virtual machine

I am using a HP Elitebook 8460p with an I5 2540m 8 gigs of ram and a 256 GB ssd.
so it's on bare metal :stuck_out_tongue:

Endless OS, Commonly referred to as EOS, and it existed well before EndeavourOS

1 Like

Nope, changed my mind. Dr460nized Lite is beautifully decorated and few applications I donā€™t typically install (and easily removed). Nice work, @dr460nf1r3! :smiley:

regards

6 Likes

Now if only I could get it to download...

Tried as a download - it died.
Try(ing) as a torrent - stalled out lots, and barely 8% since last night (sigh). Willl get there eventually! (XFCE again)

What torrent and download clients are you using? I'm currently using deluge and downloaded the ISO just fine this morning, as for download manager it's Xtreme Download Manager and it's desktop companion.

1 Like

I've got it on qBitTorrent - and it has never given me any trouble - including on other Garuda torrents. The Download was just from the browser. Will rettry it again soon - as I am giving up on the torrent! Probably have a lot better luck with the KDE versions there, but I can't operate a KDE setup for long without going nuts, so...

1 Like

OK a quick review of boot up. Love the color choice on the inertial selection screen, and the double check on the driver selection fantastic touch, as for the desktop had boot back into EOS and burn this using Etcher cause in Ventoy it wouldn't get past 3 dots a third of the way down and and a third of the way across the screen. Will update my Ventoy key to the 1.29 that just dropped and see if Garuda will boot from it then.

Oh yeah, thereā€™s these users that sometimes refer to their Elementary OS as EOS.

IMHO, thereā€™s too damn many Es in the Linux OS category. :wink:

6 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Random off topic siliness (yup, this is the place for it)

Perhaps it is attempting to start at the more usual display 0. Maybe try starting the app by loading your display envonment variable, ie

DISPLAY=:1

Will give it a try on Xorg it works fine.

1 Like

Another great release.

Just a small problem,
The script to install extra things needs a bit of work.
It failed in a choice, but didnt stay opened to see the error.
Also, the choices needed to be reselected after every fail.

1 Like

Would be nice to know what choice was not working for you if thats possible :smiley:
Just pushed a little update which makes Alacritty require pressing enter to exit which might make it easier to find out what happened. Once there is an update for garuda-common-settings please try again and let me know the result :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Everybody's just gotta have that fancy schmancy GUI. :crazy_face:

1 Like

It reminds me of the old utility Manjaro used for an Openbox version, 'lo these many moons ago. I can't remember the name, but think it started with a T. Anyway, it was very useful for stocking an otherwise frugal OB spin. It, in turn may have been based on the old #! distro.

I'm gettin' too friggen old. :angry:

3 Likes