Garuda dragonized lagging

but kde looks so beautiful I don't want to uninstall it :sob:
What is bogomips? can I increase it, I'm using a personal computer. I don't have laptop.

I made my computer strong. It has i5 processor, 16gb ram and 240gb ssd.

Change to better CPU.

Summary
CPU:
  Info: model: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1185G7 bits: 64 type: MT MCP
    arch: Tiger Lake gen: core 11 built: 2020 process: Intel 10nm family: 6
    model-id: 0x8C (140) stepping: 1 microcode: 0xA4
  Topology: cpus: 1x cores: 4 tpc: 2 threads: 8 smt: enabled cache:
    L1: 320 KiB desc: d-4x48 KiB; i-4x32 KiB L2: 5 MiB desc: 4x1.2 MiB
    L3: 12 MiB desc: 1x12 MiB
  Speed (MHz): avg: 932 high: 1269 min/max: 400/4800 scaling:
    driver: intel_pstate governor: powersave cores: 1: 1200 2: 581 3: 723
    4: 1269 5: 421 6: 1194 7: 985 8: 1090 bogomips: 47923
2 Likes

I have this motherboard

Base Board Information
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name: H81M-S
Version: x.x
Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
Features:
Board is a hosting board
Board is replaceable
Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
Chassis Handle: 0x0003
Type: Motherboard
Contained Object Handles: 0

Which CPU do you suggest to go for?

With that board the highest chip would be a i7 4790k if you wish to use garuda kde or disable effects

1 Like

AMD Ryzen9 5950X :wink:

:wink:

5 Likes

I'm ready to disable effects. I can't afford those CPUs even in my sweetest dream. How do I disable effects?
At least they should have mentioned the minimum CPU requirement in their download section or they could have simply mentioned dragonized KDE - NOT FOR POOR people :sob:

1 Like

As this is only a two day install i would just navigate though all the setting and turn off/on and see what helps.
If you break it you can always return with a early snapshot or reinstall :smile:
Play and learn :smiley:
And most off all whoogle/google :grinning:

3 Likes

Google?!

Google is forbidden.

Approach Linus Torvalds, SGS, dr460nf1r3, and the other devs, and seek forgiveness for your sins.

Of course I'm joking, but Google is notorious for disrespecting human rights. and imo privacy is one of them.

4 OP: You can disable the compositor (the thing that does those fancy shmancy effects by pressing ShIft+Alt+F12.

1 Like

after pressing alt+shift+F12 my system became fast & furious :grinning: :smiley:but I lost all the beauty and pleasure of using KDE :sob: . I guess, it'd still be better than using xfce.

What you can do is disable certain effects without disabling others in kde settings.

Also, alt+shift+F12 doesn't persist across reboots afaik. Uncheck the "Compositing" checkbox in the kde system settings section thats for window management afaik.

Also KDE-Lite edition exists, but is unsupported. Use it if you complain about bloat. It DOES have Garuda tools otherwise it would be an endeavourOS clone :wink:

KDE Dragonized is not intended for older/under-powered hardware.

1 Like

I couldn't even find KDE system settings. I could only find Garuda Settings Manager which does not even respond on clicking :sob: :sob: :sob:

It's called System Settings

1 Like

please don't say that, it hurts me a lot :sob:

Maybe dr460nized is the reason my roblox doesn't run well lol.

I'll probably have to install endeavourOS on YET another parition, set everything up, and see how it goes.

You know that there are different versions of Garuda with less bling-bling-shiny-shiny-eye-candy that you could also try?

6 Likes

Okay, new update :smiley: :grinning: :smiley: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :sunglasses: I deactivated blur background from settings and my system became butter cheese and its rolling like roller coaster. I feel no lagging issues. Seems like the blur background feature hogs on the most CPU power. I liked the blur background feature a lot but I had to compromise. At least I have all the animations working perfectly fine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I'm happy :sunglasses: :grinning: :smiley: :blush: :smile: :star_struck: :star_struck: :hugs:

3 Likes

Congratulations on finding a solution :wink: Mark your post as "solution" so others can find it too.

3 Likes

Okay, Thank You, Mr. Victory, and all of the loving community members especially, @yum13241, @tbg, @TilliDie, @SGS for taking your time, effort, skills, and knowledge to guide me and help me out of this troublesome situation. I will always be grateful. :pray: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.