Garuda Downloader - A zsync enabled delta downloader for Garuda Linux ISO files

This is too big and too much gap :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Yea I have no idea what's going on there.

It doesn't look that way on my system:

Edit: It does look broken on the non AppImage version, I wonder why :thinking:

6 Likes

I found some time to fix this small issue yesterday, the non-appimage version should now work correctly.

11 Likes

Pushed an update that auto gets the edition list every time the program is opened without having to manually update the list every time we add or remove an edition.

14 Likes

This is a great project – Thanks!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: It is not clear to me which distro is Garuda Linux "Spotted Eagle" (210507)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fosshost mirrors are slow

Great project.

Few suggestions:

1. Show the speed / current downloaded / total size
  2. Show the checksum if passed or not
  3. Dont rename the isos so i can download multiple versions (do some checking and overwrite the same versions if exists?)
  4. Update the rufus before launching? It has an update feature builtin anw.

Thank again

2 Likes

Don't use rufus its not reliable for arch based systems

2 Likes

Maybe a comparision for like the normal download and from the app can be included in the post

1 Like

A demo video would be awesome as well.
Can you make one?

3 Likes

As of right now, I have no choice. I also tested if it works correctly, and it does.

4 Likes

Kay I just installed downloaded Dr460nized and letting it update to Dr460nized-Gaming. Looks pretty good so far. Thanks for what seems to be a great app.

3 Likes

The mentioned link returns 404 error.
This link works https://builds.garudalinux.org/garuda-downloader/Garuda_Downloader-x86_64.AppImage

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks. I screwed this up when I set up builds.garudalinux.org again.

9 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Error 503 No healthy IP available for the backend

A post was merged into an existing topic: Error 503 No healthy IP (download from site)

It would be nice to know where it starts downloading by default. Maybe add an option to choose which mirror you download from in case one happens to be especially slow. In my case the peak download speed was only 2.5 of my 450mbit.

1 Like

Mirrors are automatically provided via FossHost's mirroring service, we have no control over which one of Fastly's servers you will go to and which underlying server you get sent to.

7 Likes