Garuda black-arch audio not work

I was thinking to the lts to avoid possible regressions in the newer kernels, but it was just an idea, no “solid foundations”. If you want to try, it doesn’t take that much time, but if you have other things to try, go for them…

1 Like

I think that is not a kernel problem, cause of errors types in terminal when i try to save alsamixer volumes and audio card selection, and errors with pipewire. I tried with pavucontrol, tried some forums terminal command... no resolution. I think that can be some pipewire modules, but i don't know. My PC bios say "error" when i try to update it :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Have you seen and implemented this?

Not yet, i'm reading it, i don't know lot of things, need time to learn all to understand the chat

The error messages reported above appeared in some topics some time ago.
If you want to try that fix…

2 Likes

I already installed pipewire-support. I reinstalled all the OS, cause i had an other problem to play videos on all browsers, but the audio problem is the same, wich the difference that now i have ONLY pipewire without any manual modify, so now i can start from here.

I read all and tried to search what people mentioned in this chat, i am not able to find and modify about what they are talking about.

this website too?

(mentioned in first post)

Yes, but is not pulseaudio, now and yesterday i didn't have pulse, and i think is not a problem of HDMI output, cause i have not sound also in HDMI. In theory the audio system have to work with the OS installed few hours ago. I have to insert alsa without any other possibility? is essential?

to be honest, I am out of idea what is wrong with your installation...

It is really really weird that same kernel and same audio sound server is working in other distros , but not here.

1 Like

I thank you a lot for your time, you're very nice, i will update if i can find something about...
There aren't any program or script that can search for any trouble without users' controls?

1 Like

You might be looking for
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Hardware_probe

I tried to install it, i have messages that says that i have to tell to who writes libraries that there are a problem in the hw-probe libraries, i can imagine but i don't understand. I install a previous version.

Can you tell me if alsa is essential? cause if not i’ll try to keep only pipewire, i searched for this info, i think that i have to install it, is it correct?

Hw-probe package is compiled by chaotic aur.

So, you can install it with simple sudo pacman -S hw-probe command.

1 Like

Reading back this thread (I don’t know if this is still applicable due to today’s problems on the other thread), I just wanted to mention that the linked blog addressed two different problems:

1. No HDMI audio, which might be not applicable
  2. Speaker no sound, which was written for pulseaudio, but you can find the same file here, in case you want to give it a try:
    sudo micro /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/analog-output-speaker.conf
    then you can perform the suggested changes.
2 Likes

Thank you for your time, i saw this detail, the problem is not about this, i can also copy the alsa problem when i try to do sudo alsactl store and restore (i will modify this comment to add the error, now i am with windows 10).
The problem i think is not about the two mentioned problem, i read this: no sound on internal speaker mint 19.1 MSI GP75 <SOLVED> - Linux Mint Forums that is my problem, i think that is the same but i have not yet try to solve it cause now i have not also the general audio settings in my PC, these are disappeard, and after the total reinstall of all packages with garuda assistant the btrfs assistant does not work, soi have to reinstall all for the 4 time

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.