Firedragon issue

So I just installed Garuda today. I'm trying to get used to firedragon. There's a certain EA webpage that won't load properly. Here's the error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to accounts.ea.com. Peer attempted old style (potentially vulnerable) handshake.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSAFE_NEGOTIATION

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.*
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.*

I've tried looking at all the settings to see if there's someway to not block this certain page but couldn't figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it's a website I use quite frequently. I can still use firefox no problem. Oh and the home page loads fine. Once I click log in is when the problem occurs. TIA!

Did you try other browsers?

3 Likes

Can you reproduce this issue in Librewolf?

2 Likes

The first thing that jumps out at me is this security.tls.enable_0rtt_data setting, which is set to true in Firefox but greyed out and false in FIredragon.

The other TLS settings appear to be the same.

I'm not actually sure what that setting does at the moment, but maybe that is a clue.

I tried to test on that website you linked above, but the page just times out.

Honestly, this sounds more like an issue with the website you are using than an issue with Firedragon. If you will have to defeat a security feature of the browser in order to use the website, perhaps you should just use Firefox for that website.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

So I just installed Garuda today. I'm trying to get used to firedragon. There's a certain EA webpage that won't load properly. Here's the error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to accounts.ea.com . Peer attempted old style (potentially vulnerable) handshake.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSAFE_NEGOTIATION

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.*
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.*

I've tried looking at all the settings to see if there's someway to not block this certain page but couldn't figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it's a website I use quite frequently. I can still use firefox no problem. Oh and the home page loads fine. Once I click log in is when the problem occurs. TIA!

Also the website works fine in other browsers. I don't think it's on EA's end because every other single browser works just fine. It's just firedragon.

I don’t think so cuz Firedragon issue - Issues & Assistance / FireDragon - Garuda Linux Forum

Did you try playing with what @BluishHumility suggested in your other topic?
If so what are the results?

5 Likes

I can't understand what he's saying to do exactly. I checked the advanced preferences and it matches what his does. Other than that I don't know what he's saying to do there.

No problem.
What about Technetium's suggestion? Can you reproduce the issue with Librewolf?
What about SGS's suggestion? Can you reproduce the issue with other browsers than Firedragon and Librewolf?

Try this:

about:config -> search "security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation" -> set to false.

1 Like

I can reproduce the error on librewolf. Weird, because I would expect EA to have https

Edit: Interestingly, curl also reports a problem with ssl certificates. Maybe some anti-bot measure?

3 Likes

I guess that hints towards EA having an incorrect setup?

seems like it. Weird, that nobody else has encountered this yet. They would for sure have already fixed it if it was a more known problem. You have to remember that this is probably their account interface, and not having https for that would be a pretty bad idea

1 Like