i did exactly as you said and i was worry about this errors

error: duplicated database entry 'expat'

then i ask yes or no

Total Installed Size:  1694.37 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:         7.99 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

i wait you then i go with yes

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(84/84) checking keys in keyring                                      [--------------------------------------] 100%
(84/84) checking package integrity                                    [--------------------------------------] 100%
(84/84) loading package files                                         [--------------------------------------] 100%
(84/84) checking for file conflicts                                   [--------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
expat: /usr/lib/cmake/expat-2.4.4/expat-config-version.cmake exists in filesystem
expat: /usr/lib/cmake/expat-2.4.4/expat-config.cmake exists in filesystem
expat: /usr/lib/cmake/expat-2.4.4/expat-none.cmake exists in filesystem
expat: /usr/lib/cmake/expat-2.4.4/expat.cmake exists in filesystem
expat: /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.8.4 exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

saibot@Saibot in ~ as šŸ§™ took 2m34s

it was the same it wont update

then i try from the repository it works when it completes it shows me 3 errors after telling me to restart?
i didnā€™t bother myself to read them because i thought i fail again and I was ready to go try again garuda bspwm

it was a mistake when I try garuda Linux really I canā€™t use any other distro now
The first time I use garuda bspwm I have a problem with keybinding a ask her and things go as always

I was waiting for a reply from you wait and wait and I feel upset and disappointed because you are one of garuda team and you can help me :sweat_smile: sorry :innocent: I didnā€™t see BluishHumility reply
I back to windows, the day after I try it again, and I was really surprised how fast and responsive it is, start, restart and shutdown in everything I install Openbox when i log in there is no sound which means I cant configure Openbox by myself I was planning to follow some tutorial fail again
I do some research I find this distro Nixos, I really like what I read about it especially for someone noob like me but it was really hard to install for me I try again and again and again and again and again on my main machine and thatā€™s the funniest thing people usually use virtual machine I didnā€™t sleep that day I swear I watch videos and read tutorials how to install it I learn every step finally I make it and guess what I forget the password I set or I set it wrong the root pass too because I use azerty keyboard always get confused between letters I try again for the last 2 worthless time I was sure Iā€™m doing everything correctly so I move to another distro at least I learn something about config files and how to use nano and vim, later I realize that the issue was from the iso that Iā€™m using :face_exhaling:
I do some research again and I find this disto Clair Linux everybody says its the fastest Linux distro they ever try and it performs very very very well people talk about benchmarking and bla bla bla I read some articles too about it even someone like me doesnā€™t know almost anything about Linux understand that intel doing a good job for how they run things on their distro
I donā€™t like gnome but I go download it and I have an issue with the installation like always and I ask on thire forum and like always no one care, not even 1 reply evrybody just read or want to know what is the isses are and go out no one give a shit, and beacuse evryone sad that is really a fast distro and good stuff I did somthing really stupid the safe installation didnt work for me I try the destractive installation I give it all the disk and let it erase all my data on that 1t disk and it work and guess what garuda fast*3 I swear and donā€™t mention lagging and freezing and how it hard to use for a new user at least if it was fast like they sad ill stick with here and try to learn slowly every day but it wasnā€™t the only one he sad itā€™s normal is brandon from TechHut, can you imagine how I feel that mement :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: stupid and dump I know but I learn evry day somthing new about linux slowly but learn and I think dont make the same mistake twice

the first distro I use was Manjaro KDE and itā€™s the best arch-based distro for new users and beginners without a doubt everything works great out of the box but it has a bad community too and Iā€™m not going to use it again if it was the only Linux distro out there because someone admin on their community I donā€™t how to describe the word I feel he try to make fun on me for every time I ask something
EndeavourOS wok well for me always and they have really the best community Iā€™ve seen so far especially those from the EndeavrourOS team really respect them
the beautiful distro I used so far is Archcraft it was my first experience with the window manager and I love it really thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying to use window manager but it has issues and no one car either in discord and late reply on Reddit I would like to try Arcolinux to learn Linux but I can install it on my machine I just donā€™t know why I download the iso and try to install it many times I feel shame when I ask Erik and I donā€™t use his distro I try other distros tooā€¦I was planning to go back to EndeavourOS
but the worst thing I do is I try garuda :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: itā€™s really the fastest distro out there zen karnel and btrfs great I love it and I wish they put iso for Openbox
so pls pls pls help new users SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, Iā€™m not good enough with English thatā€™s why I ask too much
sorry I make this too long and you donā€™t know how much time It takes me to write all this and correct some world with Grammarly extension :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

This means the expat package exists twice in your package database, which probably indicates something has become corrupted.

This means a file in a package youā€™re trying to install already exists on disk:

Garuda is not, and never has been, a ā€œdistro for noobsā€, ā€œnewbie friendlyā€, or ā€œintended for new Linux usersā€.

4 Likes

Did you ever get around to running this command?:

3 Likes

Ok I know it's not easy in the beginning and that's why I'll count on you and Iā€™m thankful for your support and understanding all of you really tanks for your reply I really appreciate it :innocent:

No, but I think everything is ok now

saibot@Saibot in ~ took 30ms
 Ī» ls /var/lib/pacman/local/ | grep expat
expat-2.4.4-1
lib32-expat-2.4.4-1

saibot@Saibot in ~ took 450ms
 Ī»

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.