Early BlackArch spin - testers needed

Hey guys, a first version of the upcoming BlackArch spin is ready to be tested. I have no experience with pentesting & the likes so if someone of you does it would be nice if you could test and report back!
Thanks! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I am in!!!! I do not have torrent setup to download currently - so as soon as I can I will download and install - thank you for this!!

2 Likes

I will hapily test it out.

What's the iso file size.

1 Like

2021-01-12_17-55

The first edition was 16.3 GiB, so this one is small :slight_smile: and not bloated :smiley: .

6 Likes

Thats a big file.

6GB is not that large if you want the tools. How large is the Kali image?

2 Likes

I guess giving direct link is fine in this case.

2 Likes

Soon: Garuda Suckless with less then 200 MB image :sunglasses: :laughing:

6 Likes

I look forward to your announcement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Could we have Screenshot ?

Why? It looks like Garuda. :wink:

3 Likes

Every version of Garuda have something different especially the UI

Dragonized backarch is a lot like Dragonized gaming, Same thing as regular Dragonized but with different apps in fact they ( literally just SGS) said the first edition was 16 gib with is just apps.

I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CYBERSECURITY!!!!image

i have friends who are also in cybersecurity, could i also share to them the link and give a review as a group?

2 Likes

Sure thing

1 Like

Will this run as a live disk in it's current state for testing?

Thoughts:
-okay so its based off of Dragonized, maybe we could venture into a "Dark Garuda" instead since we're basing making a spin-off of BlackArch?
-I found Burpsuite free edition on the development tab which i tried starting but keeps on crashing, maybe we don't want to do put it under the development tab and do something like this instead?(i apologize for my phone's low quality camera)

-maybe we want more than just a spin-off of BlackArch, what if we also get the neat apps on ParroOS like their handy AnonSurf(with GUI) embedded automatically on the system?

-i almost forgot my first installation crashed, idk why Screenshot_12 . it just got stuck here for over 30 minutes
but it worked on the second try

I ran my live from the USB, everything seemed to work, I only found burbsuite and nmap. I only opened but did not put it through its paces. I’ll throw more at it tomorrow.

I was also going to ask for a menu like that in Kali and parrot for tools etc. Something more original in name - maybe you can start a thread to help pick a name unless you have one in mind already :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing this!!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys!
If you miss some applications please let me know which ones so I can put them on the list :slight_smile:

Thats an idea for sure, but I dont know if thats easily done. Ill have a look!

4 Likes

In arch-based linux, Anonsurf could be replaced with Ghostnet.
Also, It would be great idea that add Black-Eagle like skin.

1 Like