Dual Monitors on Garuda

Hi, I'm considering dual booting my machine with Garuda and Windows. My one thing with Garuda is that when I went on a live session to take a look at Garuda, my second monitor was just blank. I could drag windows on it and configure it in settings, but my request here is that you add a background and menu bar to additional monitors by default, that would be really great. I really love Garuda and this is just one feature I'd really like before I switch!

Oh, I forgot to mention, but I'm asking about the Dr4goniz3d edition of Garuda.
Thank you!

1 Like

This might help

1 Like

The ISO is for a quick check to see a working preview of the Distribution and setup. It cannot and should not cover all possible system peculiarities.
Since you can use your external monitor from Live session, you can easily customize your installation at your convenience.

Requesting the Distro maintainers to make the ISOs like your preference, is rude against all other people with different taste and hardware than yours.

3 Likes

Post links to your evidence.

2 Likes

You are very welcome to create this feature and contribute to the distro. Sincerely!

2 Likes

Look friend, there is no linux distro in the world that is going to customize an iso to your liking. You said that the second monitor works, that's great. That's a far site better then what to you might get otherwise. The tools are their to make it as you like, that's up to you.

2 Likes

It's for major features, or software to be included in the repos, things like that. Gruda doesn't do custom install iso.

Neither does anyone else.

2 Likes

wie du den 2ten bildschirm anpasst weiĂź du hoffentlich
warum sollten es allein schon 2000 versionen der dragonversion geben nur weil jeder user andere wĂĽnsche hat

ist das nicht ganz normal wenn man ein neues system installiert man es fĂĽr sich anpasst

wenn du nicht weiĂźt wie man mit wenigen mausklicks nen hintergrund und ne symboleiste installiert dann tust du mir leid

ich hab deinem text aber entnommen das du es quasi forderst weil ist ja standart

how to adjust the 2nd screen hopefully you know
why should there be already 2000 versions of the dragonversion only because every user has different wishes

isn't that normal when you install a new system you customize it for yourself

if you don't know how to install a background and a symbol bar with a few mouse clicks then i feel sorry for you

I have taken your text but that you virtually demand it because it is standard

1 Like

Well, while I do like the idea of everything being themed I do not know how to get 2 monitors working - Im just using one so this went unnoticed until now.
Its noted but not in priority for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

only right click and add desktop wallpaper choose first option
then if you want tasks and symbols as bar
right click add symbolbar it will shown on the first screen you must edit it and drag to second screen

Oh, thank you. I did know it was possible to add menu bars and stuff, I didn't know that you could duplicate an existing menu bar.

Thank you for helping, and I should start clearing space for my second partition

1 Like

with the wise words from bob marley

"everythings gonna be allright"

by the way i find it useful to make it black screen so everyone can cutomize on there own

2 Likes

The underlying issue is that (as far as I know) KDE sets desktop backgrounds per-output by default. As the Garuda live image has no way of knowing how many displays each user has, there’s no way of setting wallpaper for every possible combination, orientation, or arrangement of outputs.

You’ll sometimes see a similar thing if you rotate a monitor without refreshing the wallpaper setup - a black area of the monitor which initially appears “blank” but is in fact active.

5 Likes

THe team will cannot and will not make things every single user wants, Dm me when u get a team of super experienced Linux users to make it 4 u for FREE and No donations, It isn’t like flicking a switch come try ur hand in coding applications with js or java u will get ur brain wacked now imagine people who code OPERATING SYSTEMS imagine how hard would it be if making simple apps is so hard for people and time consuming

Why are they resurrecting this old post?

To be clear, one reason we have not accepted donations so far is the false sense of entitlement, I donate so Garuda must do what I want.
Every maintainer does his DE('s) the way he likes it.
If there are sensible and feasible suggestions, he tries to implement them. Nothing more, nothing less.
With or without donations.
The topic will now be closed.

4 Likes