Cursors for Garuda

Gentlemen, my respect! I dare to offer dear users a small set of animated cursors for my System, which by and large are somewhat flawed. No offense intended to the developers. Therefore, I ask you to evaluate the proposed set. I’m sure many people will like it. The first thing you need to do is create a hidden folder called .icons Second: download the archive somewhere using the specified link and unzip it. Third: copy the resulting unzipped folders (Aggressor, ArchCursorTheme,BW3D, Ecliz and others) to the .icons folder

Now in the system parameters, select the desired cursor by clicking OK.
Fourth: in order for the selected cursor theme to be displayed correctly in all windows, open the index.theme file for editing with the following command in the terminal: kate /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme
and replace the former cursor name with the one chosen for the job.
For example, like in the screenshot “BW3D” Screenshot-20231222-172332 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB
Save changes as superuser. Now log out of the session and log in again. The new mouse cursor is ready to use.
https://mega.nz/file/ZtlzzCyQ#reenRVg4gyQewXmKMOFNDJZIhUMtLHQrAVFHli7E-LA

I,m sorry
But i am not able to open either url
why not drop the screenshot in the forum as a screenshot?

3 Likes

Use gitlab.com for sharing data, files and pictures.

3 Likes

I can view it but ironically, as far as I can tell, there is no cursor at all in the screenshot. lol
Maybe they have the option to not show the cursor in screenshots enabled in spectacle.

1 Like

Yep, no cursor in the screenshot :sweat_smile:
In the screenshot, they have their /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme open and it says

[icon theme]
Inherits=BW3D

I’ve always changed my cursors to ArcMidnight and ArcStarry using LxAppearance, NwgLook and a few other workarounds. Probably the same story for KDE but using their utilities :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.