Closing windows leaves them after animation as a part of the background

Kernel: 5.12.9-zen1-1-zen
Environment: KDE Plasma Garuda Dragonized

Description: After a prolonged use during the day, I have this weird bug when closing any window. As mention, when closed, animation of being vacuumed by Latte Dock starts playing and after that window is still visible as a part of the background (but over the icons) and it's non-interactive.

1 Like

Have you restarted the PC after updates?

Does it always happen, or only after a long time of usage?

Have you read how to ask/post questions at Garuda wiki?

3 Likes

Also check the state of your compositor when these instances occur. Perhaps change your compositor settings as well as checking your ram usage when this occurs.

Welcome to Garuda.

5 Likes

In the Compositor setting I have selected "Force smoothest animations", hit "Apply" and now the ghost windows disappeared. I have no problems with RAM usage as I have somewhat of a higher-end PC. In the past, in order to get rid of the annoying windows I had to restart,. So yes, I had restarted my computer after I have updated it.
Thank you all for the support and I will look up in the Wiki how to post the proper support questions in the future. Such welcoming community.

Edit: small grammar mistakes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.