Cinnamon, Soaring

Wow, this is seriously one of the most out of proportion knee jerk snap judgements I’ve seen on the Garuda forum.

I don’t know how you could possibly think I was bashing you, or Cinnamon, (or any other desktop for that matter). I stated outright that I liked Cinnamon and that it was my preferred choice for a desktop (after KDE).

I could start quoting numerous of my statements, to the effect of “to each their own”, use whatever you prefer.

Listing some of the features of KDE you were perhaps unaware of can hardly be classified as bashing in my mind. I think you’re a little out in left field here to call me out for bashing you. Frankly I’m a little bit stunned, because that was not my intention in the least, and I’m very surprised you could have taken my remarks that way.

If you are not referring to my remarks, but others I simply have one comment. The entire planet does not communicate in English as their primary language. Many people posting on this (and many other forums) communicate via using online translators. Online translators are imprecise, and in many cases lead to the wrong impression as many nuances don’t translate well from one language to another. When communicating online with someone who is not a native English speaker you need to take the language barriers into consideration.

Many things are taken the wrong way online simply because it’s difficult to interpret what someone is saying with nuances that don’t transpose well in print rather than when engaging in vocal face to face communication. This is only exacerbated online when many parties are not native English speakers. This often leads to misunderstandings online and I really think this may simply be one of those instances of reading more into an online statement than was the original parties intent.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, come back and test the next release to see if it is more to your liking.

Have a happy new year.

5 Likes

PS.

Here's a rather humorous example of how things can get misconstrued in print by something a simple as different punctuation or a simple missed capitalization:

Statements original intent:

"I helped my uncle Jack, off his horse."

Statement likely to be taken out of context:

"I helped my uncle jack off his horse."

I hope that is a funny, but rather pertinent example off how easily things can get misinterpreted in print.

Cheers. :beers:

2 Likes

"Come on let's eat grandpa." Punctuation marks save lives!

6 Likes

As my dear Texas mother would have said:

"Don't throw your arm out, patting yourself on the back"

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes