Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

Package request for:
linux-amd package from the aur

Thank you

3 Likes

@Austin It's built and added in: Add linux-amd · chaotic-aur/packages@1e2c11f · GitHub

6 Likes

Following the neat idea of having linux-amd for Zen3 in the repo, I have a package request for:

linux-amd-znver2
linux-amd-znver2-headers

These are for the Zen2 arch.

Thanks!

3 Likes

The first repo I install on any Arch distro. Thanks guys!

5 Likes

I don't check the forum nearly as often as the GitHub, sorry! We use pkgbases, and in this case they're both provided there, alongside the docs: AUR (en) - linux-amd-znver2
Added in: Add linux-amd-znver2 · chaotic-aur/packages@85cb378 · GitHub

7 Likes

Hi, sorry for my ignorance about this. :frowning:

When do the kernels (in this case linux-amd) typically get built?
I went into the Package List to search for linux-amd and see when it gets built, but I can’t find what I’m looking for. File Finder · GitHub

I see linux-amd being part of the afternoon.txt, not sure if that means these packages get built every day in the afternoon?

linux-amd got updated to 6.0 in the AUR on Oct 3rd. Followed by a small fix on the 4th it seems. Maybe it’s once a week?

No big rush for me, just trying to understand how I can find that information for a specific package.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

In this case, it's in the afternoon routine, specifically the timer is set for 12:20 CEST in the toolbox.

You won't be able to find much with the file finder, since the packages are listed in text files that are categorized by routine, use the search feature up top!

5 Likes

I can't find linux-cacule kernel in chaotic-aur ,
Can you please add it again :slight_smile: ?

I’d just use Bore instead anyway but yeah cacule isn’t on the chaotic package list anymore

2 Likes

Probably not: linux-cacule broken on 5.18, can be dropped according to dev · chaotic-aur/packages@4cb59e6 · GitHub

4 Likes

Just a heads up: The newest wayfire-git package (commit r2324.9450147d ) segfaults

4 Likes

I would like to make a package request for scratch3 from the aur:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/scratch3

2 Likes

@Austin Unfortunately I'm going to have to decline that one, as it uses a long-since end of life version of Electron. It also drew to my attention [Request] Add youtube-music-bin & ytmdesktop · Issue #686 · chaotic-aur/packages · GitHub and [Request] ytmdesktop-git · Issue #993 · chaotic-aur/packages · GitHub which also need to be removed due to Electron13/Python2 :disappointed:

4 Likes

You can use Chromium or Google Chrome to create a "web app" and use that.

2 Likes

Actually, I preferred an offline app.
No worries, I have installed a flatpak app for it.
Though it is not the latest one available, it is good enough for my sister.
It seems her school have an even older version of Scratch installed!

2 Likes

You are using Garuda as a whole family? :clap:

I am in my last year at school, and I am at home, so basically, I don’t have my own laptop. The laptop I use Is like a common laptop for my family.

5 Likes

Edit: Segfaults if used with wayfire-plugins-extra - even though maintained by the same people, pretty much all of the plugins from wayfire-plugins-extra cause wayfire to segfault because of undefined symbols

2 Likes

Package request for:
binder_linux-dkms(AUR (en) - binder_linux-dkms)
Waydroid - ArchWiki

Thank You
Austin

2 Likes

Done! :smiley:

5 Likes