Changing fish to bash

Hello.

Before you open a new help request, read relevant sections of the Arch and Garuda wiki. Thoroughly search your issue and any error messages in the forum and on the web.

Report everything you have already attempted to solve your problem.
Post your terminal in- and output from:

inxi -Faz

Without it, you will not receive any help from the Garuda team or your topic is likely to be closed without notice.

6 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the community.

Kindly read the template and edit your post to add necessary details, that is, output of garuda-inxi command from terminal as text.

Also, to change default shell, you have to first run

chsh -s /bin/bash

Then in terminal preferences, change shell, if necessary.

3 Likes

If you want to do it TEMPORARILY, you just type bash in the shell/terminal window.

But there is no question in your OP....?

1 Like

Uhm, got bigger fish to bash? :slight_smile:

Not sure about other Garuda DEs, on mine the system shell is bash, while fish is the custom command run by the terminal -- alacritty for me, but perhaps it's konsole on KDE -- hard to say which is yours.

Look in the relevant config files for your terminal or post the necessary info if you need assistance.

Welcome.

I just noticed the template still asks for inxi -Faz rather than garuda-inxi.

4 Likes

Where?
I just checked and got garuda-inxi :slight_smile: in Issues & Assistance

1 Like

Uh, up there in the OP message... weird. I haven't checked, sorry.

1 Like

Ah, ok, I changed it 5 days ago, it's not one template for all, but each theme has its own. So sometimes a theme can slip through.
Now that begs the question, where did that come from? :smiley:

6 Likes

Ok, fixed.
@TilliDie point me to the slipped one.
I move it from #community to #4xx and overlooked this community template.

Thank you, @TilliDie :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.