Can't mount btrfs partition after resize

Hey, I was trying to resize my btrfs partition with cfdisk, after resizing and rebooting I can no longer mount my root partition always ends up in a" total bytes should be x but got y " error. I tried btrfs rescue with the chunk chunk recover command no luck, btrfs check returns no errors.

Reinstall?

Did you increase the btrfs partition or reduced it ?
You should always proceed in the good order. For an increase you have to increase the partition, then increase the filesystem. For a decrease the inverse, reduce filesystem and then reduce the partiton. Wrong order mean a broken filesystem. ... I hope you have a good backup!

I reduced it. Yes thats what I missed. For future purposes can u tell me how to reduce the fs? I just went into cfdisk, hit reduce and done

If you have ext4 filesystem you can do it from a live iso (the filesystems must not be mounted).
The command is "resize2fs" read this resize2fs

For btrfs the command is "btrfs filesystem resize" read this btrfs_resize

If you have xfs filesystem, you are out of luck it cannot be reduced, only enlarge.

For other filesystems google is our friend !

Google hasn’t been its user’s friend for years, more like parasitic worm.

I agree google does tracks your activities and sell the infos.
But it's definitely the best search engine of all.

It's a question of finding what you search at a not too bad price
(other than seeing personalized publicity)

use whoogle :slight_smile:
https://start.garudalinux.org/

There is no single "best search engine of all". Different engines are better at different things.

I've used DuckDuckGo as my default "typical" search engine for years and not needed to resort to Google directly at all.

I only use Google for (spoken) language translation and Maps.

I also use Bing, but that usage can't be explained on the forum :angel:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.