Can't load a custom edid.bin

okay, I use a TV as monitor, by default the linux with my 5700xt will use yrcbr as default compression and the image gets terrible, all washed out.
by editting the edid.bin, you can block the yrcbr so it will force the linux system to use RGB instead, and then, get the image quality good
So, I edited the edid.bin and I use it on any system that I install, debian or arch based, and it allways worked, I first start, all washed, create the folder, move the edid, write the command to grub, reboot, everything works fine, no more washed out colors...
only on garuda I can't get it to work, the system does not load the custom edid, so the colors still washed out, even if I'm doing everything right, as I do on other systems

What do you mean with Okay?
Why didn’t you tell us all these from the start?

And how do you edit edid.bin, while you don’t know what sudo is?
Post a link to the instructions. Did they include any more notes?

The only thing I can suggest that possibly may work, is to add edid file to kernel images.
Edit /etc/mkinitcpio.conf at the line with FILES=, to this

FILES=(/usr/lib/firmware/edid/edid.bin)

and re-create images

sudo mkinitcpio -F

You seem to use some icc profiles in your user session. I have no idea if this is related. Do your own search.

Have a nice spring!

…and not forget to repair grub params. You have messed it.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash drm.edid_firmware rd.udev.log_priority=3 vt.global_cursor_default=0 systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1 loglevel=3 drm.edid_firmware=edid/edid.bin”

1 Like