Can't install Pulseaudio

If I try to install Pulseaudio from pacman give me this error:
could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by gnome-control-center,
  • if possible, remove gnome-control-center and retry
  • removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by gnome-shell,
  • if possible, remove gnome-shell and retry
  • removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by nautilus-bluetooth,
  • if possible, remove nautilus-bluetooth and retry

Even install it from Garuda Assistant doesn't work.

More Information are needed I guess.
Post your command + terminal output please.
Your on GNOME I guess? It uses pipewire by default

1 Like

Yeah, I'm on GNOME, and it use pipewire by default but i can't make work my volume keys.
The output is:

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: pulseaudio and pipewire-pulse are in conflict. Remove pipewire-pulse? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing pipewire-pulse breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-bluetooth' required by gnome-bluetooth
:: removing pipewire-pulse breaks dependency 'pipewire-pulse' required by pipewire-support

Okay thats better.
The metapackage pipewire-support pulls in all the pipewire stuff. So try the following:

sudo pacman -Rns pipewire-support

I suspect it will fail however due to gnome-bluetooth, you might want to remove that too to be able to install pulseaudio. After that just install pulseaudio-support and itll pull everything needed.

Btw, for terminal output use "~~~" above and below the block to format is to a better readable format. :slight_smile:

1 Like

sudo pacman -R gnome-bluetooth

checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by gnome-control-center
:: removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by gnome-shell
:: removing gnome-bluetooth breaks dependency 'gnome-bluetooth' required by nautilus-bluetooth

Yeah I tried to install pulseaudio-support but as you predicted gnome-bluetooth still give me problems

Try installing both pulseaudio and pulseaudio-bluetooth at the same time. gnome-bluetooth needs this package and refuses to let it uninstall (for good reasons). So giving a replacement might work as pipewire is supposed to be a drop-in replacement from what I know.

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio pulseaudio-bluetooth
1 Like

Ok, i removed pipewire-support to replace pipewire with pulseaudio; thank you very much!
But my volume keys still don't work, any advice for that?

No ok, just needed to reboot.
Thanks again, you guys of the Garuda teams are awesome!

3 Likes