Can't install pamac-all

i can't install pamac-all i keep getting this message:

error: can't build libpamac-full-1:11.4.1-2, deps not satisfied: snapd
error: can't build pamac-all-10.4.3-1, deps not satisfied: libpamac-full
error: packages failed to build: snapd-2.58.3-1 libpamac-full-1:11.4.1-2 pamac-all-10.4.3-1

i tried uninstall all of these dependencies and tried again but nothing.

How can i solve this problem?

Hi there, welcome to the forum!
Provided that I'm against pamac and the like, so I don't use them, you could try this suggestion, related to the fail of libpamac-ful :
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libpamac-full#comment-900759

4 Likes

Then what are you using and why you don't like pamac, it's same as paru or yay but graphical interface?, i wanted to add support for flatpak and snaps because i need sometimes flatpaks and pamac offer you that you can pin app to taskbar in KDE but if i install flatpaks directly i can't pin them

I don’t use flatpaks and snaps in the first place.
When I used a few times flatpak in the past, the relevant package worked. See e.g.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Flatpak
Consider also this suggestion in case of errors with fish

Not being a developer, quite frankly I am relying only on the fact that I have seen pamac cause too many problems in its history.

4 Likes

I have pamac-cli, pamac-gtk, libpamac-flatpak-pligin, and libpamac-snap-plugin. I only have the snap support for one app that refuses to work in any other form.

The only real issue with pamac is that it won’t build somethings from the aur, and one ends up launching their terminal to build and install the item. I only use pamac for checking updates then install the updates from the terminal.

Yeah, sure that's different. For checking packages its fine, I was referring to installation and updates.

2 Likes

Those are why I won’t use PAMAC. :heavy_check_mark:

6 Likes

Answering this based on what I have read on the forum in the past, since no one else has answered this:
Many of us here just use plain ol’ terminal with pacman, and paru for AUR packages. Reliable, transparent, gets the job done. Just remember to stop reading PKGBUILDs in Paru with q :smiley: or you’ll be stuck in there like a first time Vim user :joy:
However, I’ve never used flatpak and snaps on Garuda so I can’t say much in the way of using those. If I were to use flatpak at the very least though, I would follow the wiki page filo linked.

When it comes to searching for packages, I just check on the Arch Linux and AUR websites. It’s also possible to search in the terminal via pacman -F package_name. Not sure how much of a boomer that makes me but ever since I started using pacman, I’ve been a lot less reliant on GUI software managers, even in other distros which have it as their selling point.

It just feels like a much more optimal way of doing things, and that’s coming from someone whose bane of their existence was once the terminal. ^^;

5 Likes

Very well said @lum1nuss, and congrats on your transition to using the terminal for updates.

As others have said already Pamac is a tool designed for usage with Manjaro. Manjaro uses a curated package system that is out of step with upstream Arch. This can cause big problems, that have even led to situations where Pamac users could no longer update their machines in the past. This last Pamac debacle led to Garuda abandoning its usage.

Feel free to use Pamac or any other GUI package manager as a visual software center, but for full system updates please use garuda-update from the terminal. Using garuda-update helps avoid known package conflicts and can help side step severe issues before an update can cause big problems.

Garuda does not offer support for snaps, or flatpaks. This decision was made a long ways back in Garuda's early stages. Garuda believes that one of Arch's biggest assets is the use of the AUR. Those coming from Ubuntu or other derivatives naturally gravite towards snaps as that is what they are familiar with. Snaps use storage space very inefficiently and snaps spy on their users with embedded telememetry. The AUR is the recommended source for supplemental packages that are required from outside the mainstream repositories.

Garuda tries to stick fairly closely to upstream Arch package releases to avoid dependency mismatches. Our garuda-update tool is designed to help the update process go more smoothly and it is the best method for performing system updates. I hope that clears up anything that might have still been left uncovered for you.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.