Can't find add/remove software

Freshly installed Garuda KDE tried to open add/remove software after full installation through Garuda welcome and it doesn't open, it isn't listed in "all apps". How can i resolve?

pamac (add/remove software) is currently broken because of changes to the libalpm (pacman) libraries.

You'll have to use pacman.

4 Likes

Actually its not anymore :wink:

sudo pacman -Syu pamac-aur

Is what you want to do I guess :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Use forum search first before open new topic or better note the instructions!

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

It's been fixed for awhile now. Follow what @dr460nf1r3 said or install pamac-all. Also if you like you can also install pamac-tray then launch autostart and add pamac-tray there to always have easy access to pamac from your systray. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Octopi! Why doesn't anyone mention the superior Octopi!
:smiley:

3 Likes

Octopi is for sushi :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Huh. I haven't checked because the author said he didn't have time, nor would he for a while.

I keep forgetting that open source can sneak in fixes when you least expect it :grin:

1 Like

Maybe because it’s not superior, just sayin.

Octopi is superior to Pamac in some facets. Just as Pamac and Discover are superior in others. They all have their limitations and excel in other areas.

IMO any of the GUI package managers not based on pacman are all unsuitable for full system updates. The Garuda team has changed the default GUI package manager installation process recently to reflect the feeling that Pacman is always the best choice for system updates.

The GUI package manager installation process will likely be revised again in the future. The recent debacle created by pamac not being updated quickly has led to the feeling that changes needed to be made in this area.

If you wish the greatest degree of system reliability pacman is always the superior choice for performing system updates.

9 Likes

…in all the facets except that it doesn’t use AppStream (which is for icons, screenshots, etc. of many (not all) apps).

3 Likes

Nor KDE look or Appstream or Flatpaks or Snaps. So what? It's still superior.

It's just an opinion, and we all know what they say about them.

4 Likes

Less good for sushi? :sushi:
(Note that sushi also doesn’t use appstream. Proving you don’t need appstream to be good.)

3 Likes

Is sushi an app? Is it a package manager? Till now I was thinking that you were mentioning this, seriously, LOL!

let me say “yay sushi” now… :eyes: :sushi: :smiley:

6 Likes

For those who are of the fishing persuasion, "sushi" is referred to as "bait".

:blowfish: :face_vomiting: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

4 Likes

I couldn't agree more. I always think of sushi as salmon that hasn't rotted away in the streams yet. :wink:

3 Likes

Bah! Philistines! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.