Can't change Window Decoration to Breeze as it is the same as Sweet-Dark

HI,

I try to change the Window Decoration, but it won't change at all. I searched the forum and one suggestion was to clear the .cache folder and logout and back in again, which I tried. However, Breeze looks like Sweet-Dark. The preview for Breeze looks completely different to Sweet, though. How can I get back KDE's Breeze? Also, can this be fixed in an update?

I can't upload images as a new user, so I uploaded the image to a 3rd party site.
You can see the preview for Breeze looks different to Sweet, but all the window decorations are the same when activated.
Screenshot

Many thanks.

Hi there, welcome.
As far as Window Decoration change to Breeze is concerned, everything is working fine here.
Maybe you messed up a little bit your system with previous changes/installations/tests...
I'm keeping the Global Theme to Sweetified Plasma, though. Not clear to me if you intend to change only the Window Decoration or more globally to Breeze.
One thing you could try to do is creating a new user (remember to put it into the wheel group to give it sudo privileges, in case you'll continue to use it) to start from a clean status.

3 Likes

HI,

Thanks for the reply. It's a completely brand new clean install and updated with no changes to any config files. I go to the Windows Decorations in settings and click Breeze, but nothing happens as seen in the screenshot -- even ater a logout and reboot. However, if I click Plastik, the window decorations change as expected. I just can't change to Breeze window decorations.

Many thanks.