Can't boot a pendrive to install Garuda Linux

Hello everyone, I’ve been doing some dual boots on my acer nitro 5 notebook for a long time but never stick with a linux distro for long. I decided to try Endevour OS but for some reason I can’t run games like Muse Dash, they crash every time so I decided to try a new distro: Garuda, which I choose for being a gaming focused distro and bc I loved the UI.
But for some reason I can’t install it anymore, I did it once, tested and loved the distro, many games (like Muse Dash or Dark Souls 1) that ran very poorly on Endevour were running perfectly on Garuda, but I had an issue regarding my windows dual boot, because of that I deleted my Garuda Partition, I managed to solve this other issue after some time, but now I cannot boot the Garuda installer anymore. I boot the pendrive, it opens the initial menu, i choose my language, keyboard and location and choose to boot it with nvidia drivers but I always get a black screen, my computer keeps running but nothing happens.
I already tried to burn the iso again, use different programs to burn it, reinstall the iso file, did a checksum and its everything ok, bought another pendrive, reinstalled my windows and formated my entire disk but nothing works, I keep getting a black screen…
I searched on some foruns looking for a similar issue but found nothing, I would love to know if anyone has an answer for that.

Sata controller is set to AHCI in the BIOS?

2 Likes

Search here, :slight_smile: use “black screen”
You did not write if you try the gaming version, but if, use the non gaming version and use garuda-gamer app later.

With nvidia, use first open driver and install later with dkms.

Or try the LTS version here.

2 Likes

yes, it is set to AHCI

by gaming version you mean the KDE Dr460nized? if so then yes, I tried to install it for most of the time, but I also tried the cinnamon version and got the same issue, would that be the non gaming version or is there more?
also I tried to open it with both open drivers and the nvidia ones, none worked.
Right now I am trying to download this LTS version but every time it reaches 2Gb it fails

Just test it, correct. Sorry about that.
Seems a Nextcloud problem.

Thanks for the hint.

@Kokoapo
Please ry
~https://iso.builds.garudalinux.org/iso/garuda/dr460nized/240224/garuda-dr460nized-linux-lts-240224.iso

1 Like

Just tried this new iso and it worked! thanks a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.