Cannot find Garuda KDE Ultimate Image

Hey guys,

I came across Garuda and wanted to shift to it. However, I'm not a fan of the dragonised version since I'll be using my system for office use and needed something less casual and more professional looking.

I came across the "KDE Ultimate" version of Garuda in many youtube videos such as Garuda Linux | The Ultimate KDE Experience - YouTube that has a nice macOS like look. However, I cannot find this on the offical Garuda downloads page.

I understand that this image was available for download in 2020. Has it been deprecated since then? Is the dragonised KDE better with respect to stability, performance and community support?

I am new to arch linux and this is my first distro hop from Ubuntu. So would love any sort of help and recommendation to get going!

Thanks!

Yes, scroll down in download page for Garuda Linux KDE lite.

4 Likes

You can just use the normal edition and change the theme. Using the lite version may cause you many issues if you're inexperienced. Easiest way if all you want is to change the theme is to go into system settings and reset the theme and then change it.

3 Likes

Also not sure what kind of business you have, but for me dragonized works well in business context. Maybe change wallpaper. shrug

3 Likes

Thanks will check it out!

This would do the trick I guess, thanks so much for your help! Will try it out!

Haha, simple solution! The neon effects of the app tiles give it a gamer vibe :slight_smile: Love the design though, but was looking for something less rad and more mainstream. I guess KDE allows the theme to be customised as @Grimy1928 pointed out, so that should do it! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question :slight_smile: Highly appreciate the support

1 Like

A great thing about KDE is you can get it looking like whatever you want.

Maybe you'd like a theme like this for work! :laughing:

4 Likes

Hello Captain! Well, though I respect this statement, I am very comfortable with Garuda dragonised for my professional activities :smiley:

1 Like

You can simply revert to the standard KDE breeze theme if you want a more standard KDE look.

1 Like

Even a hooker (Google it). She traipsed here from iMac land.

3 Likes