Bismuth settings fail

Well… i am a programmer… but I do love devops :slight_smile:

btw I was meaning to ask you… have you looked at opensuse’s build service?

wonder if its possible to use it ( as your own , not suse’s )

@alexjp
Is it better at doing this?

doing what specifically ? building packages and testing them?

Both i was wondering why you think it would be better :smiley:

Well I can't say as a distro maker :slight_smile:

but that aside, as a user of the build service, creating packages that opensuse was lacking at the time, or changing package's build options is very good.

also building for opensuse and other distros is great ( I remember one time I had to make available a package for opensuse, fedora and arch. it was a breeze ).

testing is also great generally, that is why fedora also adoted it ( openqa I mean... I am "joining both services" i guess ).

but then... it isn't simple, no way.... requires a huge amount of work.

opensuse does well with it. and opensuse tumbleweed is "factory tested" ( meaning factory, like in fedora's rawhide, but just tested ). old time opensuse users will probably remember this. tumbleweed was created by greg "the kernel mantainer" but it wasn't working very well ( a huge blunder decision that broke everything when new release was done ) and then they just "renamed" factory-tested to tumbleweed.

for example, with build service, it would detect anytime that an arch package was updated, to recompile the "dependent" "chaotic-aur" packages automaticly. paired with openqa, it would then test if everything was working.
for example, everytime I branched some of opensuse's packages and change them, when "original opensuse package or dependent packages" changed, it would also recompile my own.

but then again, i say again, as a distro maker, or build service "admin", I have no experience

1 Like