Best way to scale QTile for 4K Laptop

Hi, I hopped onto Qtile yesterday and was linked this thread. It’s been a while so I’m not sure if this will still be useful to you, but here is my config - most of it is default, just some rearranging and colour changes to get rid of the multicolour default: config.py
(beware that if you just grab the whole thing and use it, I changed my window close hotkey to meta+W because of my keyboard’s layout)

Head on down to the widgets section and you’ll find the most changes :slight_smile:
I tried to keep the top bar on the smaller side since afaik you can’t hide the top bar without also taking away the space it used to occupy, like with Plasma panels (if that makes sense).

Here’s a screenshot of my setup: Screenshots | Garuda Linux preferred :master: - #1117 by lum1nuss . Only thing missing is a battery widget which I plan to add soon ^^
My laptop screen is a 4K 15" so it was quite the battle to get things to be legible. Hope this helps you and anyone else out there :+1:

I’m hoping one day to implement a scale factor variable in that config that can easily be changed by others with HiDPI screens, but it will take some time since I’m not a Python wizard by any stretch :melting_face:

2 Likes