Bengali Language has been used in the numbers instead of English

Hello, I am a new user of both Linux and Garuda Linux.
I’m from Bangladesh and I have selected it while installing it. I have selected ‘English’ as the language.

But in some cases, I can see Bengali language has been used, mostly on the numbers. I can also see Bengali language has been used for showing date and time in the lock screen. Besides, while showing some numbers like total storage: X GB, here X is in bengali. I want it completely in English.

I have also checked in the settings menu of Region & Language. American English has been set. I can’t find any other option where I can solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

It’s possible that the location of your IP address is being detected as Bangladesh and certain localization settings will default to location instead of adhering to the system settings. Try using a VPN to change your location to the US or UK and see if these numbers are changed to English.

If so, it might be a good idea to look into where these numbers get their localization settings from.

Is there any other option without using VPN? It’s not a optimal solution for me to turn on vpn all the time just to see the numbers in English.

Please post your garuda-inxi as required by the template.
This way we can help you better and, for example, see which DE you are using and show you the right way to the appropriate settings.

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not saying use VPN all the time as your solution. I’m just saying to debug this issue try switching on a VPN and see if it fixes it. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that.

What’s the problem with not posting garuda-inxi?
It contains additional, useful information about the status of your system.

Without garuda-inxi this request will be moved to 412 Precondition Failed

You can edit your first post, please.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.