Benchmarks Windows vs Garuda

Ran some benchmarks and wanted to share.

Compared Windows 10 vs Garuda Linux benchmarks using Geekbench 5. I get slightly better single-core performance in Linux (1332 vs 1212), slightly lower multi-core performance (5748 vs 5842), but HUGE boost in Linux with the Turbo button (6406 vs 6091).

It's the Turbo mode that's really surprising me.

Vulkan test varies a lot from run to run but gives about 61000 in Linux vs 58000 in Windows.

Hardware: laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
GeoForce GTX 2060

Only test that ran slightly lower in Linux is the multi-core test, which is also the most important. Error margin perhaps? I'll run it again.

Ran twice more, multi-core 5926 and 6009 (without Turbo).

I'm happy to say that Garuda beats Windows in performance across the board according to Geekbench! By a noticeable margin.

7 Likes

Btw, I also performed some benchmark on my laptop.
See
https://browser.geekbench.com/user/namanlp

Laptop specs

While windows couldn’t cross even 8k in multi core, with fans at 5800rpm, Linux could easily cross 8.5k with around 2300rpm fan speed.

3 Likes

Windows has that pesky Defender (or a 3rd party Antimalware) installed and always running on the background. That alone slows down the OS, without a beefy enough hardware, you'll feel sluggish performance of using the PC.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.