Battery Charge Limiter

However, is there a way to limit battery charging? Like limit to 60% and 80% just like in Windows 10, I can limit my laptop charge to 60% since plug it most of the time. I tried installing rog-core but I can't seem to find the battery charge limiter (looks like it doesn't work but it worked while I was on ubuntu). And after a while I can't seem to find the rog-core and its dependencies in software manager (could be bug I guess?).

Sorry, I'm new to Linux. I hope you can help me.

Laptop: ROG Zephyrus G15 GA502IU
CPU: Ryzen 7 4800HS
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q Design

You can install it via

pamac build rog-core
1 Like

I have one problem with this. After installing it, I see no changes. Still can't control keyboard backlight, fn keys and charge limit. Rebooted but I got stuck on boot up, had to use snapshot to get back in.

I do not use a laptop, so I have no firsthand experience. However, perhaps powertop may do what you want. I cant say for sure, you'll have to do the investigating yourself.

Let us know if that helps.

3 Likes

I'll take a look at it. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

I had the same problem on my Lenovo Ryzen 5 laptop.
Your topic and answers made me have another look at AUR.
What I realised was that there were 3 utilities, that were using the same method, which was just altering (ON/OFF) a value in system at

/sys/bus/platform/drivers/ideapad_acpi/VPC2004:00/conservation_mode

The utilities did not create anything, just “echoing” 1 or 0 to enable or disable a specific mode.
This sys path is vendor specific.

I would suggest trying to discover a similar path in your system, if you can’t find a proper utility in AUR.

5 Likes