Autorecon build package, question about interpretation of build failure log

Package autorecon-git r75.be8ca670-1 in AUR.

I'm not sure if this is something that I should post here or to reach out to the maintainer somehow? Can someone enlighten me? What do you guys do in cases like these? The build log is below, missing a file.

What I think is happening, if I am reading this right, is that the package maintainer set up something to build the version at the "last modified" date from the AUR, in this case 8/26/2020, then sometime between that date and now the git repository has changed something and a needed file is no longer there, at least in the same form (most likely because a newer version was created or something). Am I making correct assumptions? I'm new to Arch based distros so wasn't sure how these things are maintained. I went and looked at the git repository and the package build doesn't really seem to match with what I would have expected to install a simple python program.

Preparing...
Cloning autorecon-git build files...
Checking autorecon-git dependencies...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

Building autorecon-git...
==> Making package: autorecon-git r77.9bf5b64-1 (Thu 11 Feb 2021 07:37:33 AM CST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Updating autorecon git repo...
Fetching origin
-> Found autorecon.sh
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
autorecon ... Skipped
autorecon.sh ... Passed
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory...
==> Extracting sources...
-> Creating working copy of autorecon git repo...
Cloning into 'autorecon'...
done.
==> Starting pkgver()...
==> Removing existing $pkgdir/ directory...
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
/var/tmp/pamac-build-dale/autorecon-git/PKGBUILD: line 58: cd: dist/autorecon-1.0.0: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
Aborting...

This may be an issue with Pamac (it’s not one of the most reliable bits of software).

So,

1. Check the AUR package page for similar issues
  2. Try a different AUR helper (e.g. yay)
  3. Try doing it the “Arch way” by downloading the packaging sources and building with makepkg:
    Arch User Repository - ArchWiki
5 Likes